XIII.

lmao told y'all I would try updating more :)))

but omg guys this story is ranked under three hashtags! that's a big deal for me and I am so excited to be ranked at all! thank you all so much for continuing to read and vote and comment and I love everyone who actually still reads this ❤️
_____________________________

After Jimin's statement about how we could be friends, I almost felt a little disappointment rush through me when he also explained that we could only hangout at his place or at mine for now. He wanted to keep me safe and to prevent me from getting involved, but he knew he would have to talk to his "group" about me and he wasn't sure how they would take it.

Jimin mentioned a pact they made for the members who did the most dangerous jobs in the group to prevent others from getting all caught up in it, and he says he never had a problem with it until now. I find it odd that I kinda sorta probably need their blessing to simply hangout with Jimin, but I don't say anything about it.

We sit on his couch which still looks like it has only been used once or twice, and feels a bit lumpy, with a bowl of popcorn at hand and discuss the pact. "Sure, I've had girls show interest in me, but they were only persistent for about a week until they realized that there was nothing to pursue. You, on the other hand, are very persistent."

I shrug my shoulders as a response at first, but follow up with, "Because I seem to know more about you than those other people."

"Which is really odd because it seems like you would have just hit the door, running, yet here you are," he laughs, putting a couple of pieces of popcorn. He swallows, "You need to explain more to me why you haven't."

"You act like I haven't done anything bad or don't understand anything!" I argue.

"Accidentally stealing a pencil from your grade 4 teacher doesn't count," Jimin teases which results in me throwing a piece of popcorn.

"Trust me, Jimin. I've done something to send me to the darkest pits of hell as well, so it looks like I'll be meeting you there," I confess, but I can already tell he's curious. However, now is not the time to explain it, and the memories of what I did flash in my mind like a picture, but soon are encompassed in a flame and burned away into ash.

"I can't imagine you doing anything worse than accidentally hitting a stray dog with your car on the way home from work, so you just take your time," he assures me, but little does he know what I did was way worse than that.

"No one knows about it, not even Jae, and for now I'd like to keep it that way," I shrug once again, fiddling with the ends of my hair and running them between my fingers.

"So that's why you want to be around me? Because I've done bad things, and you've done bad things as well?" He asks curiously, trying to pull the same stunt I did earlier but there are no strings to pull on a puppet master.

I think about it for a moment, "It's because you're interesting. Yeah, you're an asshole and you've broken a ton of laws, but who you are to the average person is who you are in general."

He smiles, "I guess I can take that for an answer."

Before I even have a chance to reply, I hear keys jingling in the front door and I freeze while watching Jimin stand up. And before Jimin has the chance to decide what to do with me, two men walk in the door with duffle bags and I immediately recognize one of them; it's Yoongi and a taller guy with dark brown hair.

Their eyes go directly to me.

It's awkwardly silent in the room and although the tension is probably in my head, it feels like trying to move or breathe or talk while completely submerged in a pool of peanut butter.