XI.

I haven't heard from Jimin in two months. The last time we have spoken was when he dropped me off at my apartment the day after I was jumped by someone. Warm summer nights have drifted into chilling autumn evenings in that time, and the leaves have begun to fall and are drafted away with the wind. Things have changed and are eerily quiet.

After trying to get ahold of Jimin for weeks, I eventually gave up and decided that what we said that night was nothing more than a friendly temporary gesture. He disappeared from my life as quickly as he appeared in it, and any sort of feelings or attraction I had for him left as quickly as he did.

As a matter of fact, I haven't seen Jungkook around the apartment lately and when I talk to Jae about it, she brushes it off with a simple, "He's busy," and doesn't speak of him anymore than that.

The air in our apartment has grown thicker as the days went by; the stress of classes and boy drama escalated into my best friend and I's lives, busting all of our locks and walking right through the door. It's odd and unbearable at times, and at this point I am sick of it.

After eating dinner, changing into something more presentable to the public eye, and slipping on a mask due to the poor air quality tonight, I find myself on a subway that will take me very close to his place.

Excessive, maybe. If anything, I'm doing this for Jae so she can get some sort of closure as well.

Within minutes, I'm walking down the street to where Jimin's apartment is. I don't remember the exact address so I have to work off of my memory, and I remember his innocent fairy lights that were hung around the door frame.

However, when I arrived to the only door with fairy lights, they were off.

At this point I am second guessing myself and not really understanding what I thought the outcome of this would be. Would he say that he just forgot about me? That he was busy? Maybe him and his whole gang just dropped off the face of the earth but there is no way of knowing that unless I try.

I approach the door and before I give myself the chance to back out of whatever plan I had in my head, I knock three times.

Who am I kidding? I don't have a plan.

The dead leaves of the trees dance around my ankles in the breeze as I'm standing there looking at the chips of paint that are falling off the frame of the door. As a matter of fact, the whole outside of his door looks like it hasn't been tended to in years, but I can't judge him for not having the time.

The lights are still off, the leaves are still dancing, and the paint is still chipping.

I knock again with the outside of my fists and harder this time, not knowing if my first round of knocks were heard.

Upon waiting another moment, I decide there is just no one home.

"Can I help you?" A voice asks behind me, causing me to jump and whip my head around in a startled state to see where it came from. To my surprise, it wasn't even Jimin.

It was the devil himself.

"Oh, h-hey Jungkook, um," I stutter because my brain has officially clocked out for the day. "Is Jimin home?"

"He should be, I don't know why he wouldn't be home," he shrugs. In his arms were bags filled with what I assume are groceries and in his right hand were keys. "Is there something I can help you with?"