45

We were still talking about the note when Amelia rushed in.

"Guess what! Guess what!" She shouted as someone who'd just won the lottery.

"What?" Aurora asked and looked up through tear stained lashes.

I was also eager to know. Maybe they'd finally found out that the video was edited.

"We're famous. Instagram and Facebook famous!" She screamed. If I say we were shocked, that would be an understatement. I can't quite find the right words to express what we felt after hearing that. Even Aurora was staring at her with her mouth hung open.

"Famous? Like the video's spread that fast?" Cameron was the first to find his voice.

"Yeah. Dhurr. Everyone's saying my ass is bigger and.." She stole a glance at Aurora. "No offence, but it's true."

If the dictionary needed a word dumber than dumb, she'll be it.

"Rory," she continued, not minding the stares she was getting. "Aren't you hearing a word of what I'm saying? Last time I checked, you had close to a million followers."

"A million?!". It took me a few seconds to realize that came from me. But a million followers for a strip video, who wouldn't exclaim?

"I have almost a million followers? For that video?" Aurora was saying to herself but we could hear her.

"Yass babe. You do." Amelia went to hug her but she pushed her away.

"Lots of people have seen it." She was beginning to sweat. "I didn't think that would happen. Eric said..." She stopped talking immediately Eric walked in. He rushed straight to hug her.

"I'm sorry babe. I just got news about the video. I swear I told mike to take it down but some other people already have it."

"Mike?" Aurora laughed, bitterly if I must say.

"Yes. Don't worry, all this is going to pass. Look at the bright side, you have lots of followers now."

"That's what I was trying to tell her." Amelia crossed her arms.

"You're all wanted in the principal's office." Cindy walked in.

"Why?" Cameron asked before I could do so.

"Dunno. A teacher asked me to call you all."

____________________

I used to think our principal's office was small but now, looking at the number of people in this office and nobody's fainting, I'd say the whole class could fit in here. Sitting opposite our principal are Aurora's parents. I'd seen her mother angry the day we thought she went missing but I'd never seen her father angry.

"Can someone explain what kind of expensive joke you think you're playing here?" The principal shouted, banging her fist on the table.

"Principal blueberry, I can explain." Eric cleared his throat. Blueberry? I never knew her name was blueberry.

"Go on." She urged him.

"I believe the whole think was photoshopped."

"Exactly. Because I can't think my daughter would ever do a thing like that." Mr Lance frowned.

Eric cleared his throat to continue. "Yes Sir. Although I know who might have done it." He turned to face me, slowly so everyone could see who he was looking at.

"What?" I folded my arms, not getting his point. Until I saw the look Aurora's mother was giving me.

"Yes. You." Eric faked a hurt tone. "You've been having beef with her for a long time now. Who else hates her so much to ruin her reputation?"