7

After everything that had happened today, I knew going back to class wasn't a good option. People were going to be talking about me and that stupid poster.

One thing I'd learnt about the students of center score high school is that they don't know how to whisper. That's why rumours spread easily. Stand too long in the hallway and you'll hear everything from who's the new girl Zack's sleeping with to what the principal ate this morning.

Amanda was going to be waiting for me too. I was sure of it. I'd seen the way she'd looked at me after I said those words to her. I didn't want to take any chances so I quietly sat in the library.

On my left hand side was Dory. She'd told me earlier that she wasn't going to leave me and she kept to her word though I felt she just wanted a quiet place to sleep as she was doing now. She sat upright, using a large book to cover her face. Anyone -except those who also did it- who passed by would think she was deeply engrossed in her book. I also thought so until her book slipped out of her hand and I placed it back.

'It is important for a healthy marriage to continually grow. Love does not have to die. It wants to live. We kill it through neglect'. What the heck!

I looked at the cover of the book. 'Bringing out the best in your husband'. What is a marriage book doing in a high school library? Um, the question should be why have you been reading a marriage book for the past thirty minutes without realising it? Yeah, but still.

I stood up to get another book, one that didn't concern two people committing to each other forever, and mistakenly hit Dory. She jumped up, knocking her knees on the table and sending the poor books that had protected her flying.

"The Amazonas will never accept defeat!". She shouted and raised her left fist in the air, drawing the attention of the Librarian.

"One more word and I'd have to ask you to leave ". She cautioned and adjusted her big, round glasses. I wonder if she saw things three times their normal size.

"Sorry ma'am. " I apologized on behalf of Dory who hadn't realised she was in school yet.  "princess Diana! The Amazonas are being attacked!" I whisper-yelled

She opened her eyes which I hadn't noticed were shut during her outburst. "What happened?" She asked, sleep very evident in her voice. And in her eyes too. They were red.

"You were fighting the bad guys dhuur." I laughed. Quietly. I didn't want to be chased out of the library.

"Oh my gosh." She covered her face in embarrassment. "I was sleep talking. In school. In the school library. Promise me you won't tell anyone about it."

"Seriously? Who am I going to tell. It's not like I have any friends. Besides you of course. But you're too late. The librarian already heard everything" I said pointing to the gloomy woman.

Dory slumped in her chair. "Remind me not to watch late night movies when I have school the next day."

"Sure."

"You all should leave now. I'm locking up." I heard the librarian shout from behind her desk. And I thought she was meant to lead by example.

The library door clicked shut, signalling an end to  my hiding period . It was time to go home. And going home meant meeting people on the way. Even if I escaped that, I could never escape the one that waited for me at home. I wonder if things would have been better if this was a boarding school. No. Then, more people would have tormented me day and night.

"You need to stop thinking a lot". Dory pulled me back. I didn't realise we'd left the school and I was about to enter into a ditch.

"Thank you".

" I'd have followed you to your house but after what happened last time, I don't think I'll be going there soon." She apologised.

I remembered what my stepmother had told me. "Its best if you don't come."

"You can come to mine though. I told my parents about you and they said you're welcome to visit anytime."

"That's, that's.. I don't know what to say but thank you."

"You're welcome. I just hope things get better by tomorrow. Plus I already asked someone to take off those disgusting posters from off the walls."

"Thank you once more." I said as she wiped a tear I didn't know had stained my face.

"Your mascara's waterproof. I like it. " she said trying to cheer me up.

We continued talking till I looked around and noticed a very familiar building. Belle restaurant. It was on the street before mine. That means we'd walked all the way to my house!

"You have to go now." I tried not to sound as if I was chasing her away.

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow. And I promise to be early." She smiled and brought out her phone.

I got home to find my dad standing outside,arms folded. I bent my head in a failed attempt to pretend I didn't see him.

"Barbara!" He shouted. You see,failed.

"Yes father." I turned to look at him.

"I'm very disappointed in you."

I wanted to roll my eyes and say 'when haven't you been disappointed in me since your wife and children turned you against me'. But I didn't. Instead I kept my eyes on the floor and waited for him to continue.

"What is the meaning of this?"
He waved a poster at me. The same poster people were talking about in school.

"Look dad,I.." He held up his hand stopping me.

" I know you want to say you can explain. Alright. Explain why you've started visiting strip clubs at 16.".

Seriously? I can point out a lot of things wrong. And I did just that.

"Alright. I'll explain". I stressed the word explain.
" 1. That girl's body my head is superimposed on is clearly that of a mature woman. I mean, Double D?

2. I don't even know any strip clubs. Even if I knew, when does mother dearest let me leave the house at night. Or even during the day?

3. Can you have a closer look at the face? That's me on my eighth birthday. How could I have such breasts at a young age and lose them eight years later.

4. I've had a lot of trouble at school today. I'm really tired." I said and walked up to my room before he could say another word.

I'm sure my so-called sisters were behind this. There's no was that poster turned to a paper plane and flew into my house.  They might have even connived with Amanda to put them up. 

To think these girls had once been the best sisters I could ever wish for was like thinking back to a perfect dream. A dream you were sure was real but woke up to reality pricking you with a needle.

Who else is a master at sleeping in strategic positions??

Don't forget to vote,comment and share.😘😘