24

This morning,I personally asked my dad to drop me off at school only because I'd overslept and was late for school. He'd looked shocked and happy at the same time. Shocked that I'd come to ask and happy that I was finally accepting him. Well, it was his fault I overslept. He'd come in later last night and brought more chocolates and yoghurt.

Maths was my first class and it was starting by 8am. I was in school by 7:30am and was already praising myself on how fast I got to school till I saw the person walking in front of me.
How was this girl managing to get to school before me these days?.

I quietly walked up to her and tickled her sides, making her jump.

"Jesus!. You scared me." She turned and gave me a hug."Feeling better?."

"Yes. I am." I answered truthfully.

"So... I talked to your dad yesterday and he explained,we'll tried to, because I still don't understand why he agreed to the deal in the first place. I mean he's your father."

"I know right. It's just so confusing. Also, why did they have to wait so long till their true colours showed up?."

"Forget about that. My parents are going on a two-week conference. They don't want me staying alone. I'm a big girl, but they still think that..."

"That if I'm with you,they'll be sure you're safe and you're being a good girl." I concluded .

"Exactly! Not the safe part though. I can totally protect m.."

"Spider!!" I suddenly screamed,making her shriek and jump. "You can totally protect yourself." I laughed.

Karma caught up with me so quick I think she used a jetpack.
I felt something light crawl up my skin and thinking it was an ant, I slapped it.
This 'ant' turned out to be a spider and crawled up my hand. Did I mention I'm arachnophobic?

I stood still,shouting and screaming till dory hit it with a book.

"Now who's the protector?" She laughed as she put her book back into her bag.

"It was a big spider." I defended myself and opened the class door.

"So, as I was saying, are you coming?."

I thought for a while. Laney was back which meant no more free time. It also meant dad was going back to pretending.

"Yes." I replied just as Mrs Clavel walked into the class.

"This boobs woman is back again." Dory groaned.

"Boobs woman. Hmm,I like it." Mrs Clavel suddenly said,shocking the whole class. She'd heard Dory. "Actually, I had boob enlargement surgery last week." She continued. Is this woman mad? "What? Why are you all looking like that? Aren't they big enough?. Maybe I'll go get another one done soon but for now, its maths time."

"What have we done?". Dory asked me.

"Created a mad mathematician. That's what." Cameron replied from behind me.

"Hey cam. I didn't see you enter." Dory said,playfully hitting his chest.

"How would you when you were committing murder?" He frowned. Murder?.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You didn't care if he had a family,a wife or if he was a teen and just liked you and came to say hi. You just decided in seconds to kill the bad boy spider."

I couldn't help it. I had to hold my stomach and laugh till I felt tears staining my cheeks.
"So its the spider." I continued laughing till someone tapped my shoulder.