22

"What do you think?". He raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Cameron be serious!."

"Aww. Were you planning baby names already?. So whatchu got?. Jamie?. Dakota?. Grey?. Anna?".

"Cameron!!".

"Alright,alright." He raised his hands up in surrender. "I'm as straight as a French curve." He said, confusing me the more.

"French curves aren't straight!!." I cleared my throat and mentally wrote a five paged speech as quick as flash. "Look. Cameron, its okay if you're gay. It doesn't change anything about... ".
He placed a finger on my lip, shutting me up.

"Chill babe. I was only joking."

"Cameron. I won't judge you. I promise."

"You're really not going to stop. " he frowned. "I'm not gay alright. I wish I were though. I was enjoying your speech."

"What??!!". The mental notes I'd written suddenly burnt to ashes. "Why did you do that?".

"I never said I was. I just let you guess." He smiled. Just then, his phone rang.

"You're a fan of Eminem?". I asked since his ringtone was rap god.

"Hardcore."

"I challenge you to a rap battle. Not now though. Some other time."

He missed the first call and it rang again.

"Hey bro. We should come now?." He said to the caller. I'm guessing its Eric. Wait!!. School isn't over yet. Does it mean, DORY AND ERIC SCALED THE FENCE?!!.

"It's them right?".

" yeah".

"I'm not going." I folded my arms.

"Why?".

Seriously?. Am I the only one who realises that school isn't over yet?.

"I'm not leaving till school's over." I stated and began to walk away.

"Wait!." He shouted but I pretended not to hear him. He wasn't going to force me to do what I didn't want to. "What about Rory?". He shouted again.

This time, I decided to answer. "She's not thinking straight!!". I shouted back.

He stopped shouting and I continued walking. I was going to the library to bury myself in a good book.
I'd only walked past the biology lab when I was pulled back. I almost fell because the janitor was mopping,making the floor slippery.

"You're stubborn. How about we go after school. I'll call Eric and tell him about the change of plans."

"We?. You're not going too?." He nodded, making me smile. "That's fine by me."

"Alright then. It's settled." He said as he brought out his phone, rap god playing again.

________

Few seconds after the bell rang, Cameron dragged me out of the class. I don't know if he had developed a liking for dragging.
I let him drag me all the way to the car park because I knew where we were headed but I didn't know what I was going to face.
An angry Dory and her fuming boyfriend.

"Quickly get into the car. We've already lost so much precious time." Eric said, directing the last part to me.

I went in and Cameron sat beside me then Dory -I don't know if she'd calmed down or wanted to talk to me- asked him to switch seats. So he sat with his cousin and I with Dory.

"Why didn't you come earlier?". She said once the car started moving.

"Because I didn't want to leave school. " I flatly replied, looking straight into her eyes. I'd wanted her to feel bad but no, she surprised me.