Chapter 17

Taehyung kept glancing between both boys, a look of uncertainty was the only think he could muster. 'Why do they look funny? Are they angry at each other?' He wonders to himself as Jimin was busy glaring down Jungkook, who sat beside him, with a look of disgust.

"So..." Taehyung trails off, earning the pairs attention. "Do you guys know each other well?" He asks quietly, a tad curious due to the ongoing staring competition. He knew that the boys had a brief encounter before, one being that Jimin threw a shoe and smacked Jungkook's face. Yet they gave off this strange vibe that they knew each other more than just a simple face you see in the hallway.

"Uhh...you could say that." Jimin mumbles, suddenly taking interest in his food. Taehyung gave him a closed lip smile, obviously not quite understand the still uncomfortableness that settled around the table.

"I'm so excited!" He suddenly chimes, clapping his hands together in the process. Both boys coo at his cuteness before taking note that either one had the same expression and soon they were back to glaring at one another.

Jimin was the first to break the tension, turning his gaze away from Jungkook to look at the bubbly red head. "So why are you so happy?" He questions, intrigued to know.

Taehyung did nothing but bear a wide grin. He was so ecstatic to be starting his new job today. "I got a new job!" He enthusiastically says, jumping in his seat slightly. Jimin raises a brow, "but I thought you already had a job? At the ice cream van?" He was quite sure of it. Yet here Taehyung was, admitting to having a new job. The pink haired boy wasn't at all sure if he missed out on something since this was definitely news to him.

The reddish junior suddenly felt anxious as he peers down at his long fingers. The pair watched on while the youngest fidgets, a sudden loss in his happy self. "I got fired." Taehyung whispers quietly after some time.

Jimin's frown only deepens while Jungkook could feel an intense sense of guilt cease his chest. It was his fault for all this in the first place and he knew it. But he couldn't find it in himself to tell either one that it was indeed him and Namjoon that were the hooligans behind the vandalism.

Instead, Jungkook takes interest in his sandwich, going all quiet while Jimin continues to interrogate the youngest. "Was it because of the vandalism?" Taehyung nods, a small frown taking over his lips. "That's ridiculous!! It wasn't your fault that it happened!!" Jimin grumbles, pouting cutely.

Taehyung giggles at the sight of the older which causes Jimin to grin and melt at the fact he managed to make Taehyung laugh. Jungkook observed them with envious eyes. He wanted to be the one to make Taehyung laugh, not Jimin.

"I'm a little nervous about this new job but I'm really excited!" Taehyung cheers, displaying his boxy grin for both boys to see.

Lunch soon ends, meaning the three had to split up. Jungkook was in the middle of heading to Chemistry, debating on whether he should just avoid the class completely or not when a figure appears beside him. He glances to his left, catching sight of Jimin who was slightly speed-walking since his legs are a lot shorter than Jungkook's. "You know, you were acting rather suspicious earlier." This caused the light brunette to panic internally yet his outward appearance stayed neutral.

"Really? Care to explain what you mean by that?" Jungkook plays it off cool, pretending like he's clueless as to what the older might be accusing him for. "Don't act dumb Jeon. We all saw the way you were fidgeting and avoiding eye contact." Jimin continues, eyeing up the younger with a look of wariness in his orbs.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about." Jungkook grumbles, having enough of this conversation. Yet he did know. He knew exactly what Jimin was talking about. But he didn't want the older to know the truth.