Chapter 24

Taehyung decided that today he would treat his little brother by taking him to the beach so he can splash around in the water and play with the sand.

It was a bright, scorching Sunday afternoon when the Kim brothers reach the wooden fence to the sandy beach. Tae-joon cheers happily, darting straight for the sea as he discharges his shirt and small shorts onto the sand, making Taehyung sigh deeply yet he smiles as he picks up his brother's clothes.

The beach was crowded with most citizens from the town, no doubt wanting to enjoy the sunny weather too.

Taehyung shuffles over towards an empty spot away from others, feeling their annoyed glares on his back. He places out a towel to sit upon, making sure his brother is still within his vision. Tae-joon was already surrounded by friends, being the very outgoing kid that he is as he laughs alongside the other children while they splash one another.

It made the older feel a mixture of bliss, knowing his brother isn't receiving the same treatment he was getting from the residences within their quiet, little town. Yet, he felt jealous of Tae-joon since he is the exact opposite to him. He wished he was more outgoing, had more friends and could be himself completely no matter who he's around.

But he couldn't.

His lips curve into a sad smile while he glances down at the sand. He glides his fingers through the soft sand, experiencing how warm and soft it feels.

"Hey, kid!" Taehyung knew the voice almost perfectly by now as it set his heart to frolic merely at the sound of the other. He peers up through his slightly overgrown fringe to see the familiar face of Jeon Jungkook.

"Jungkook!" He chimes, bearing a grin while doing so. Jungkook finds himself flopping down beside the other, his eyes roaming out to take in the scenery around them. There were small kids ahead, jumping between the wave rolls of the sea while families of many were dotted all around the busy beach. It made Taehyung sense a sort of anxious aura in his mind since he didn't particularly like busy settings and knew that he wasn't exactly a well liked person.

Jungkook was the opposite, he enjoyed going to public spaces where he can find girls to flirt with.

Though, of late that seems to be the last thing on his mind.

"So shorty doesn't seem to be taking things greatly," Jungkook mentions while his gaze remains elsewhere.

"Who?" Taehyung's entire face was frowning in bewilderment. He didn't have a clue as to who Jungkook was speaking of due to not really knowing the nicknames behind the other two's squabbling relationship.

Jungkook flickers over his orbs to instead take in Taehyung's look of confusion. "Jimin," he corrects when realising how unsure the younger is.

"Oh...why did you call him shorty?" The innocent one asks.

This made Jungkook smirk while shaking his head, "he's small."

"That's not very nice." Taehyung warns the elder even though there is a faint smile evident on his lips. "I don't think Jimin would be too happy to hear you calling him that." He continues but it only causes a loud hearty laugh to flee from Jungkook. "It's okay, he already knows."

"I guess the breakup was intense." The scarlet haired junior murmurs after a minute of silence passes, his gaze returning to the beautiful waves as he makes sure his little brother is still okay.

Jungkook also found himself peering in the same direction that the younger was looking, taking in the smaller version of Taehyung that was in the midst of chasing after one of his friends in the sea.

"That kid looks an awful lot like you." Jungkook jokes with a small chuckle, obviously just poking some fun that there was a child on the beach with an almost identical face to the boy beside him.