chapter 53: Sky

Jaxon pov
While I'm in the middle of calling some of my business partners, I get a call from my sister, Sky, and so I pick it up and she's incredibly anxious and stressed, she mumbles and talks fast on the phone so I don't understand, but she tells me to get her as fast as I can, and that's exactly what I do.

I see her on the curb of some alleyway, and she immediately jumps in the passenger seat, I go to ask her if she's hungry, but her stomach makes that decision before I can ask, and so we stop off at Starbucks and get food.

While we are doing this, I ask her why she was so desperate for me to pick her up, and she groans and places her head in her hands, she looks at me and takes a sip of her drink, "I went to manhatten, I had a job there but my boss turned sour toward me, and did some pretty nasty shit" she shakes her head at me when I go to open my mouth, a signal to say shut up.

She pauses before adding, "he tried to do things with me, that I didn't want to do it was all sudden so I just ran"
When she finishes her sentence I mutter, "that explains why you haven't got any stuff with you, what's this guys name?" She glances out of the window and then back at me.

"There are two of them Marcus and Jamie, they are brothers" even before she says the last bit, I know exactly who they are. Them bastards.
"Marcus and jamie donally?" I ask her, and she nods. "They came onto my property about 4 months ago, and then tried to kill Ed" I tell her, and then I slam my hands on my steering wheel. "Their gang is called the hounds, and if we are gonna get em, we are gonna need everyone" she nods, "Do what you want" she sighs realizing that she isn't going to solve any of my problems by being stubborn.