Chapter 16 :)

Começar do início

‘So what’s going to happen to this? I don’t just want to leave it here.’ I told Jai.

‘I’m going to give it to you.’ He smiled.

‘Why are you so amazing for? This is actually the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.’

‘Well, Beau helped me do it.’

‘Where are they all anyway?’ I asked just thinking about this now.

‘They’re outside, there’s a really nice park with a river so we’re going to have the most fail of a picnic.’ He laughed.

I grabbed him by the waist and hugged him again. He was the greatest guy ever and I was never going to take that for granted… I loved him.

***

We were now all sitting on a really big blanket throwing bread into the water for the ducks.

‘Hey guys, look at those three fighting for the piece.’ Luke laughed.

James and Sarah were standing up and talking a bit away from us. They were laughing so nothing was wrong but Hannah and Luke were also talking to each other a lot. Whenever I looked at her she would put her thumbs up or smile or mouth the words ‘thanks’ and I just shrugged.

‘Well, are there any bathrooms nearby?’ Hannah said standing up and looking around.

‘Uh, yeah there’s one just behind that building.’ Beau pointed with his finger.

‘Oh, thanks.’ She said walking off

‘Dude, that girl is amazing. Where do you find these people?’ Luke asked me.

I started to laugh but I didn’t notice that I accidently knocked over the chips.

‘Oh guys, I’m sorry..’ I started but Jai stopped me.

‘There still good, 3 second rule.’ He said picking a lot of them up and shoving them into his mouth, ‘Yum, the flavour of the grass really mixes in with it.’

‘Eww, that’s gross!’ I yelled.

‘Do you want one?’ he winked at me.

‘No thanks. I think I’m good.’ I said but Jai tried to stuff one down my shirt. I quickly got up and started running from him. He kept chasing me and I knew he was so much faster than me but I still kept running. He hugged me into a tackle and showered me in the chips that had been squashed in his hands.

‘Yuck, stop it!’ I laughed.

He got off me and I got up again and walked back to the blanket where we were sitting before. I got my bottle and started squirting Jai but I got confused between him and Luke so I accidently sprayed Luke.

‘Oh gosh, I’m so sorry. I got you confused with- STOP!! IT’S COLD!’ I screamed as both Luke and Jai were spraying me now. I could see Hannah walking over to us in the distance with a confused look on her face.

I tried to spray them back but two against one was definitely not fair.

‘Beau, Skip! Please come help!’ I yelled. They got their bottles and started spraying them at Luke and Jai and all of a sudden we were just randomly squirting them at anybody. Hannah came out of nowhere and joined in and so did Sarah and James. We were all soaking yet but nobody was as bad as me … yet.

After a while the water ran out and so we were all cold and shivering and wrapped ourselves in the big blanket. Somehow, we had another one in the big basket we had brought so we put that one on top of us.

It was getting a bit late and my mum had texted me asking me when I was coming home. I asked her if I could stay at the Brook’s house since Jai had invited me and she said that was fine. But Hannah had to go to dinner with her parents so it was just Beau, Luke, Jai, Skip and me. James and Sarah went somewhere as well but I wasn’t sure. They were so cute together and Sarah even sang for a bit.

‘So, does anybody want to watch Project X?’ Luke asked looking through his DVD’s.

‘Me!’ I said putting my hand up. ‘I haven’t seen it before.’

‘You haven’t seen Project X before?!’ Jai said looking shocked.

‘No…’ I said slowly.

‘We have to watch it!’ Jai said to Luke.

We all got comfortable on the couch and Ms Brooks came in with three large bowls of popcorn and soft drink.

‘Thanks Mum!’ Beau said while taking one whole bowl for himself.

‘Thanks Ms Brooks.’ I said politely.

‘Oh please, call me Gina.’

‘How awkward would it be calling my mum Gina.’ Jai said randomly.

We all started laughing even Ms Brooks. We now had our popcorn and coke and were deeply watching the movie. By the end of the movie, Jai and I were lying down on the couch with his arms wrapped around me. Beau and Skip were sitting on the opposite ends of a different couch. I think at one point Skip dared Beau to lick his foot… and Beau did. And Luke was on his phone the whole time. I took a random guess at who he was texting and a lot of the time, he didn’t even look up. Yep, there was definitely something going on. Hannah had a lot of explaining to do.