Chapter 8 :)

‘Umm, nah. I’m fine.’ I said coolly but I don’t think believed me.

‘Are you sure? Do you want to lie down for a bit?’ Patricia asked. Her voice was so soft and gentle and I couldn’t keep my eyes off her.

‘Oi, Skip. Come into the kitchen and I’ll give you a panadol.’ Beau said seriously.

‘I’ll be alright. Don’t worry.’ I shrugged.

‘No, I’m serious man. Come on.’ He looked at me intensely. I got up and followed him.

He put his arms onto the kitchen bench and let out a sigh. I wasn’t sure if he knew but I was hoping that he didn’t. He turned his head towards me and I looked away. He obviously knew.

‘I’m only going to say one thing, don’t do anything you’re going to regret because I swear to god if you break them up just because you’ve got a little crush, it will become personal. I’m going to watch you and if you do anything to make her feel uncomfortable around Jai or vice versa, I will chop your balls off. Don't be selfish, it's not worth it.’ He said slowly and sounding annoyed.

‘I don’t know what you’re talking about.’ I stated, trying to look confused. I put the empty glass into the sink.

‘You like Patricia and it’s so obvious.’

‘What! No I don’t!’ I yelled.

‘Yes you do. Don’t deny it. I know it. But her and Jai are happy together and you’re not going to do anything to wreck that, okay?’

‘Dude, lay off. I don’t even know what you’re talking about.’ I walked back into the lounge room. I wasn’t sure if this meant that Beau was angry at me, but I hoped not.

‘Feeling better?’ Luke asked.

‘Wha- oh right. Um, yeah.’ I said quickly. I got out my phone and looked at the time. ‘Well, I’ve got to go so.. see you all tomorrow!’

‘See ya.’

‘Bye.’

‘Later faggot.’ James laughed.

‘Byee!’ I heard Patricia say. If she only knew.

‘Bye!’ Jai said happily.

I walked out and started to head home. I wanted to tell Patricia how I felt but then again, I wanted my balls to remain a part of my body. How could I tell her without everybody else finding out? I got home and went straight to my room. It had been a long day and I hoped tomorrow would be better.

Jai’s P.O.V

As Skip walked out, I saw Beau watching him intensely.

‘What’s your problem?’ I asked him.

‘Uhh, nothing.’ He said waving his hand. I decided to leave it, Beau could handle it.

‘So, what’s new?’ James winked at me.

‘Well, today I got a girlfriend and while we were at Luna Park. So my day was pretty good. What ‘bout you?’ I could feel Patricia laughing. I moved the pillow onto my lap and she stretched her legs onto the couch and put her head in my lap. I looked down at her and smiled. She mouthed the words ‘I love you’ and I did the same. Beau and James were now talking to each other and Luke was watching us and laughing.

‘What’s so funny?’ Patricia asked.

‘You guys are just so cute. It’s just… cute.’ He smiled.

‘Um… thanks?’ I wondered why he would say something like that.

I went into the kitchen and saw that Luke was talking to Patricia now. I wasn’t worried, I knew that he was probably just asking her how she could go out with the uglier twin or something. I didn’t mind, I actually find it quite funny that he thought he was hotter than me. Maybe in his dreams.

Patricia’s P.O.V

‘So, I need to talk to someone. About girl stuff.’ Luke had come over and whispered to me while Jai was in the kitchen.

‘Well, I’m a girl, and I’m pretty sure I know my stuff. So, what’s the problem?’ I said sweetly, the Brooks seemed like a really nice family and I was glad they didn’t judge me before they got to know me.

‘Well, there’s this girl and her name is Lisa. Lisa Harlon-

‘LISA HARLONG! OH MY GOD, I KNOW HER!’

‘Really! How?’

‘Well, I went to the same pre-school as her and we were like really close throughout primary school even though we didn’t go to the same school. We still talk now, but not very often. This might give me an excuse to?’

Suddenly Jai walked back in and we both shut up immediately. He looked at us suspiciously.

‘Hey losers, watcha talking about? How amazingly beautiful I am?’

‘Yeah. Something like that.’ Luke muttered. ‘We’ll talk about this later. Right now, we need to talk about what rides you went onto today! I was thinking of going to Luna Park sometime soon so I want to know what rides are good, and what rides are not so good.’

I knew that Luke was just trying to change the subject but I felt for him. Lisa was really pretty and even though Luke was really sweet and sort of hot, she had a reputation as a player. I didn’t want him to get his heart broken! Should I tell him to stay away from her? Or should I let him get his heart broken?