Chapter 6 :)

‘So where do you want to go first?’ I asked politely.

‘Umm, maybe the Spider to start us off?’ she suggested.

‘Well, nothing too rash. This beautiful face cannot be harmed in the process!’ I joked as she playfully punched me.

As we walked over to the ride I kept wondering about Paul, who was he? I was scared that there was something going on..

‘So um.. I don’t mean to be nosy or anything but who’s Paul? Are you two in looovveee?’ I tried to make it a joke so that she wouldn’t think I was an intrusive person.

‘Haha nah. He’s just a family friend and to be honest, he’s not good looking at all. Here, I’ll show you a photo.’ She pulled out her phone again and showed me a photo. As she locked it again, I saw the same guy with her but he wasn’t Paul. How many guys did she know?

‘So who’s the guy on the lock screen? Is he your boyfrieeend? Are you in looove?’ I did it again so that I didn’t seem rude.

‘Ew no! That’s my cousin Johny!’ she cringed.

‘Oh.. that’s awkward.’ I bit my lower lip, it was a habit of mine. I was actually relived that she didn't have another guy in her life. I felt like I had a shot with her now, even though she was out of my league.

Patricia’s P.O.V

Jai was so cute. He kept asking me funny questions and once we got onto the spider, we seemed really close.

‘Ok, let me just tell you. I’m really scared of big rides like these.’ I informed him. It was a bit stupid to tell him now.

‘Are you scared one of the arms might fall off? Because that can be very likely to happen.’ He joked.

‘Ha. Funny. Now I’m actually really scared!’ I looked into his eyes. They were actually amazing.

‘Don’t worry, I’ve got you.’ He wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt comfortable and for some reason we just clicked.

The ride started up and I looked at him again. He started laughing and let go of me. He pulled his arms up and screamed like and girl and eventually I was doing the same thing. For some reason Jai brought out a really fun side of me.

He started wailing and his pitch of voice went up and down, sorta like a rollercoaster. I never wanted this moment to end, but it had to.

We then went to the Clowns. He paid for his and as I went to pay for mine, he pushed my hand back and gave the man his own money.

‘Jai, it’s four dollars?’ I questioned why he did this.

‘Yes, but I’m a proper gentlemen.’ He said in a posh voice like an English man.

I laughed and as we threw the balls in, he got all of them while I got 3 out of 5 in.

The man asked Jai what he would like for winning.

‘Umm, can I please have the big green dinosaur.’

‘Sure thing.’ The man said as he passed it over.

Jai gave it to me and said ‘Here, this will always remind you of Beau.’

I started laughing and as we walked Jai and I played the penis game.

‘Penis.’ He started off really soft.

‘Penis.’ I said a tiny bit louder than him.

‘PENIS!’ he yelled out of nowhere.

‘PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIS!’ I yelled even louder and longer.

‘Fine, you win.’ He said. ‘I can’t ruin this preciously amazing voice.’

I laughed again. We went on a lot of other rides like the Top Drop, Twin Dragon, Pharaoh’s Curse, Enterprise, Dodgems, Gforce, Metropolis until finally we reached the Ferris Wheel.

‘No, I can’t do it. It’s too scary.’ I wailed. I was really afraid of heights.

‘Are you kidding? We’ve been on so many other rides that are scarier than this! You can do it.’ He reassured me.

‘But what if it breaks and we fall and die?’

‘Then I’ll be at the bottom, waiting to break your fall.’

‘How are you going to get there first?’

‘I will.’

‘How?’

‘I just will. Ok?’

‘Ok.’

He grabbed me by the waist and hugged me. We walked towards the ferris wheel and Jai asked if I wanted do to anything else after this or go home.

‘Umm. Whatever you wanna do? I’m cool with anything.’ I smiled at him as I said it.

‘Ok, what about we do this ride and then go back to my place. I’ll text Beau telling him to start driving.’

‘Ok.’ I said happily.

We waited in line and finally got into a cart. Jai looked at me and smiled.

‘What?’ I asked shyly.

‘Can’t I look at you?’ he joked.

I laughed and looked at him as well. He made me so happy and I was sort of falling for him.

‘I’ve got a surprise waiting for you at the top.’ He told me.

‘What is it?’ I asked curiously.

‘Seriously? I tell you it’s going to be a surprise and you want to know? Gosh, people these days..’

I kept on laughing. We were sitting opposite from each other but I really wanted to sit next to him. How could I be subtle about it? I wanted to tell him how much I liked him!

‘Oh my gosh this is actually so scary!’ We had gotten to the point where we were hanging off the side. Jai got up and sat next to me. Huh? I was sort of surprised but I didn’t say anything because I liked it and I didn’t want him to move back. I looked to the side and saw the rules.

“Rules:

·         - Do not open the gate

·         - Do not jump out of the cart

·         - Do not rock the cart

·         - Do not hang any body part out of the cart”

Jai started rocking. What was he doing?

‘What are you doing?’ I asked.

‘Well, I’ve sort of got this problem.’ he admitted.

‘What is it?’ I asked again. I seemed to ask the questions.

‘I’m sort of a troublemaker and seeing it say “Do not rock the cart” just appealed to me.’ He said

I laughed so hard. We were getting close to the top and I kept wondering what this “surprise” could be. He hung his arm of the cart.

‘Let me guess. “Do not hang any body part out of the cart” appealed to you?’ I laughed

‘Yeah, pretty much.’ He smiled.

We were one stop away from the top and he put his arm back in and turned to look at me. I looked into his eyes. They were so compassionate and meaningful that I could stare into them forever.

‘So um.. you wanna know what the surprise is?’ he asked.

‘Yeah.’

The cart moved one more and we were finally up the top. Jai put his hands around my waist and leaned in. His lips touched my lips and it was amazing. Fireworks appeared in my head and it felt so right. I closed my eyes and put my hands around his neck. We finally pulled away.

‘Surprise.’