Chapter 9 :)

I was walking with Jai as he had offered to take me home. Everyone had seemed really nice but I felt like there was something going on between Skip and Beau. Everyone had sort of heard muffled voices from the kitchen and Beau had walked out looking a bit frustrated. It was really awkward but nobody said anything about it. I thought that maybe it was something between just them two but I was scared that it might have had something to do with me because Skip had kept looking at me.

‘So, what do you want to do tomorrow?’ Jai said as he wrapped his hand around my waist.

‘Well, weren’t we supposed to have a movie marathon tonight?’ I asked.

‘Oh, wow. I totally forgot about that. Yeah, we’ll do it tomorrow night?’

‘Yeah ok.’

We had finally reached my house and Jai had taken his hand away from my waist and instead stood right in front of me. He leaned in and as he was about to kiss me all I heard was-

‘PATRICIA ANNELIESE NOHMAN. GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!’ Oh no. It was my mum.

Shit! I had forgotten to text her saying that I was going to be a bit late. I pulled out my phone and pressed the lock button. I had gotten exactly 27 messages from my mum and about 8 missed calls. I just remembered that I had put it on silent because I didn’t want anybody disrupting Jai and my day.

‘Umm, bye. Good luck.’ I heard Jai whisper.

‘Quickly, go.’ I told him.

I slowly walked up the stairs and into my house. I could see my Dad and Mum had been very stressed and worried. They were both staring at me but all I could do was look down.

‘Who was that boy?’ Mum asked.

‘Just a guy.’ I said casually.

‘What’s his name? How come I’ve never met him before?’ Dad quickly asked.

‘His name is Jai. And he doesn’t go to my school but we’re really good friends.’ I wasn’t going to tell them that I had met him yesterday and we went to Luna Park and then his house and we’ve already kissed.

‘Why were you so late? I called up Paul’s Mum because I thought you might be at their place but PAUL DIDN’T EVEN GO TODAY! SO WHERE WERE YOU ALL DAY?’ My mum yelled.

‘I was at Luna Park! Just because Paul couldn’t come, doesn’t mean I have to be stuck at home.’

‘And until 9:30, you’ve been at Luna Park?’ Mum asked. She was slowly losing her temper and I was getting very scared.

‘I went to Jai’s house.’

‘Why didn’t you answer any of my texts? Any of my calls?’

‘Because I put my phone onto silent!’ I sort of screamed but not too loud. I walked out of the living room and into my bedroom. I shut the door but I didn’t slam it. I got into my pyjamas and went to watch some TV.

‘Your father and I have been thinking, and we are very concerned about you. So you are grounded for two weeks. Your irresponsible behaviour has shocked us and we don’t know why you would ever be so stupid.’

I walked back into my bedroom. I didn’t yell back, I didn’t stomp my feet, I didn’t slam my door. I just walked. I didn’t want to get into more trouble than I already was in.

I picked up my phone and saw two messages from Jai. I quickly opened them.

He sent: Hey babe. Are you alright? Hope I didn’t get you into any trouble and make sure you text back. I love you xx

The second text said: Starting to get a little worried. Did your phone get confiscated? Wait.. how are you going to see this text if your phone is confiscated.. hmm this is harder than I thought.

I laughed to myself. He was so cute and I didn’t know how I was supposed to tell him that I wouldn’t be able to make it tomorrow.

I sent him a text: Haha nah I didn’t get my phone confiscated but .. hmm, im not really sure how to tell you. Umm, im grounded for two weeks :( Please don’t get angry..

Jai then said: Oh, so im guessing that tomorrows off?

I replied: Yeah im so sorry. This isn’t the way i wanted it to be and it’s all my fault. I forgot to tell my mum that I was going to be late and so they were really worried about me and really angry and im so upset.

I got a call from Jai. I immediately answered.

‘Hey.’ He said slowly.

‘Hey.’ I sounded a bit depressed but I couldn’t see any way out of this.

‘I’m not angry. I just want you to know that. I’m definitely not angry. I’m a bit upset because I won’t be able to spend any time with you, but I’m not angry. Anyway, how are you?’

‘I’m alright, my parents are being so stupid but I’m trying not to make it worse.’

‘That’s smart. Look, I was thinking. Do you have a window in your bedroom?’

‘Yeah.. why?’ I was really suspicious.

‘Maybe I could come visit you tomorrow?’

‘How?’ I asked, surprised.

‘Well… I could climb in through your window?’

‘Wow, cliché much?’ I laughed, ‘That actually sounds amazing though. I cannot be stuck with my parents any longer… They are killing me.’

‘Cool, text me whenever you’re in your bedroom alone and I’ll come.’

‘Okay.’ I laughed.

‘I love you, always.’

‘I love you too.’

‘Beau keeps calling me. I’m going to go. Love you.’

‘Love you. Bye.’

‘Bye.’

I clicked the end button. I was happy that Jai still wanted to stay with me even though I wasn’t allowed anywhere for the next two weeks, but I was still scared that he would get sick of having to climb through my window just to talk to me.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the boring chapter.. I’ve got some big things for a bit later in the story so keep reading!