Deep, I know (24)

Miyako's POV

Hastily, I opened my eyes. The off white ceiling engulfed my vision. I had a month to train, yet all I wanted to do at the moment was sleep for a year. That's the thing about me the morning after a fight, all I want to do is hibernate. I guess if I were to word it normally, I would say after a fight I get scared, not of people, more just their opinions. It's an irrational fear.

 Groaning, I rolled out bed. Landing on the floor I looked round my room for a lighter blanket than the one tangled around me. Eventually I found one, wrapping it round me, I went into the kitchen. What should I have for breakfast? The one question science still can't answer. I wonder what everyone back home is having, I should really call them later.I settled for nothing, I'll get something later.

 I knew I had to do something, but I didn't know what. Duckbutt was training with Kakashi (at least I think he is), meaning no training with Kakashi. I have a lot to live up to in the fight, I mean I've made a load of rash statements saying I'm going to win. Also, on top of that I am the only female from the leaf village that got through, now if that isn't degrading, I don't know what is. I mean, sure all the girls did great jobs but they didn't get through. Out of the 5 female genin I know, I was the only one to get in. Well, Temari got in, but she's from the sand and I'm pretty certain her brother wants my head crushed. How do I get myself in these situations?

After a quick wash, I got changed and left the house. I should probably look for someone to train me, even though a month sounds like long, its really not. I looked round, mainly for someone who could help me beat my opponent. The town for once was eerily silent, just how early was it? As I walked around, more people filtered in, populating cafes and the streets. Maybe I should get some food before I go on a hunt for a trainer. I wish I could use magic, you never realise how much you love something until you don't have it. Deep, I know. Now I think about it, isn't my magic, similar to Duckbutt's? Nope, never. I have nothing in common with that half brain-celled twerp. Speaking of twerps, I wonder how the useless one is, Mavis, I need to get more creative with that name. Now's not the time to think of my team. Actually, did Aina and Naoki get through? I really need to pay more attention.

After 20 more minuets of me walking around, completely lost, a saviour came. Hinata. Being fairly new to the village, I had no clue where to eat, but she did. So there I was, eating food with Hinata. "So how are you? I mean you took a pretty brutal beating." I asked, looking at her, you could tell she'd got in a fight. At least she's alive and can walk about. "I'm fine-e, just a little bruised." She replied, stuttering a little less. I think she's beginning to get used to me, I mean when I first met her, she was like Juvia around Gray. Now I think about it, Sakura's like a tamer Juvia. Heck, even a Yandere is more tame. I must have ben lost in my thoughts, because Hinata was waving her hand in front of my face, repeating my name. 

Me and Hinata kept a pleasant conversation up during our breakfast. I eventually got her to admit her crush on Naru. It's now my life goal to get her together with him, well joint with Wendy and Romeo. After paying, we left the cafe. The air outside was surprising cold. Now my hunger was gone, I only had one more problem, a trainer. That sounds weird, trainer. Maybe I should say Sensei, but that sounds weirder to me. I looked around, hoping for someone to just pop out and say, "I'll train you!". Of course, that didn't happen, but Hina did ask what I was doing. "Well Hinata, I'm looking for someone to train me." She had a little look of realisation then replied with, "Why-y don't you just ask the Hokage?" Now it was my turn to have a look of 'oh yeah'. Why didn't I think about asking the old man? I turned gave Hinata a small thanks and a hug. I rushed off into the direction of the old man.

Reaching bottom of the building I need to go up, I let out an exasperated sigh. Why did there have to be like a 1000 stairs. I began to make my voyage up the stairs. You know, anyone who wants to loose weight should just go up these stairs. Honestly, how much stamina did the person who made these have. After dodging like 50 people, I made it to the old man's office. I knocked on the door. I was taking deep breaths, I should have gone up the stairs slowly. A raspy "Come in." could be heard. 

Opening the door, I was met with the old man and a stack of paperwork. Now I am glad that is not my problem. Can someone please remind me why Naru wants to become Hokage and have all that paper work. Because I cannot relate. Anyway, I met the Hokage's eye and pointed at him, "Right old man, I'm going to need some one to train me!" He chuckled a little, "You need someone to train you?" I face palmed, "Did I stutter, or are you just hard of hearing?" Another chuckle left his lips, "Can't you get Kakashi to, your sensei?" I gave him a patronising look, "Of course I can't. He's probably training Duckbutt and if not Naru." He nodded, and looked in thought for a moment. Finally, he said something, "Come back later and I'll find you someone. I have paper work I have to do urgently." Either he wanted to get rid of me, or he actually had to do the paperwork. Mavis only hopes he meant the latter. Leaving I said my last words, "You have 2 hours before I come back." Heck, those 2 hours will be spent going down then back up the stairs. Stupid stairs.

So, 1 month. I am very sorry. My sisters just gone to uni, so I had to help her move, and help my mum move the house around, if it means anything, I wrote half this chapter like 2 weeks ago. Thanks for being patient. Im going to try to do more consistent updates, but just bare with me. Also, thanks for the love and support, I love you guys (no homo). <3