chapter thirty five

I meet Parker at the bar downtown to have a little bonding time after the incident earlier.

"I'll take Baileys," Parker says to the bartender

"Make that two," I say. "It's on me this time."

He smiles, "Thank you."

"Have you found a job yet?" I ask to start conversation.

"I've been looking, I'm considering bar-tending actually. I feel like it's a good fit for me." He replies.

"Yeah I can see you getting a lot of tips for being funny and cunning," I laugh, trying to compliment him into trusting me better.

He nods his head in agreement.

"There's no rush for you to find your own place but I was wondering how you'd feel if my boyfriend started staying at the apartment?" I ask softly, hoping his reaction is well.

He raises his brows with a blank face.

"It's just that, he had been living there before but I asked him to temporarily leave so that you would be more comfortable," I try to explain.

He bursts into laughter, "It's your place, sis. I'd love to meet the guy."

I sigh in relief. Damn I'm a good liar.

We exchange smiles and continue drinking.

The night is shortly lived as I decide it's time to go before i get too drunk to drive.

***

I meet Liam after work at the coffee shop.

"So give me the run down," he says as he sits across from me at our two person table.

"Okay, we've been together for a month. You started out as my roommate then slowly we became more, I asked you to be distant when Parker first got out so that it wouldn't be overwhelming." I try to explain.

He nods his head, "Sounds great. How did we meet?" He asks to assure we have all answers figured out.

"Uhh.. through Ed?" I question to see if he agrees.

"Perfect, he's the one who landed you a position to work in town so he helped you have a better financed place by living with me." He adds in case we need to broaden the story.

We finish our coffees and head to my place to start the scheme.

I unlock the door and walk in before Liam, "Hey Parker." I smile at him sitting on the couch.

He smirks to reply.

"This is Liam, my boyfriend," I smile and put my hand on Liam's chest.

Liam smiles widely, "Great to meet you, Ive heard lots of things." He reaches out to shake Parker's hand.

Parker shakes his hand and smiles, "I've heard nothing about you."

Good thing this isn't a real boyfriend I brought home.

"Well, now is a good time for you all to get to know each other personally so I'm gonna go to the store and grab some things and I'll be back soon." I smile, leaving them to connect.

I hurry to my car and drive to visit Harry. I'm running very late, visiting hours stop at 8 o'clock and it's already 6:30.

"Andrea Summers," I say to the lady at the front desk.

"And who will you be visiting today?" She asks with zero emotion.

"Harry Styles," I reply.

"Go on back."

I walk through the door and follow the guards. That woman just needs to brighten up, I get it she works at a prison but at least make the non criminals feel significant.

I walk to the same stoned room with that one caged window.

"We meet again, Miss Lillian." Harry smirks.

I roll my eyes, "Don't get me caught."

"You're the real criminal here," He laughs.

I laugh along to keep the mood positive.

"How's everything holding up in the sunshine lately?" He asks.

I sigh, "It was stressful but it's beginning to piece together," I say

His brows furrow, "What's been going on?"

"Parker found out about us so I had to make up halfway lies about how I got rid of you the moment I found out about what you did." I explain.

His eyes widen, "How did he find out? We weren't necessarily public."

"I honestly have no idea. Ed and I worked out a plan to keep his suspicions low and to have all eyes on him and I to ensure my safety." I try to ease his mind.

I can tell he's bothered, wondering what's going on.

"What was the plan?"

"Liam is moving in and staging as my boyfriend. Parker knew I visited you so I had to do something to make him think I've moved on."

He nods his head, "That's smart. Keep him around you at all times. I don't want that kid hurting you."

I nod back at him, "We've got this under control. Now we can focus more on how to get you out of here."

"I don't like this, Drew. Parker is giving me a bad vibe." He claims.

"Harry, you have nothing to worry about. I believe he's harmless, he's just confused."

The last thing I need is Harry believing I'm in danger.

"The only people that would know about us and care enough to tell him would be Adams people. You and I both know there's never any good behind them." He defends himself

I get where he's coming from. I just really don't want him worrying. If Parker ends up turning against me, I'll feel more stupid than I already do.

"I know, just don't forget I was supposed to be apart of them. Ava was, we both turned out good. We got the proper guidance, that's all he needs and I can provide that." I explain to him.

He lets out a huge sigh. "I can't protect you from behind these bars. I can't lose you." He reaches his hand out like he always does to feel closer to me.

"I've got a whole family that wouldn't let anything happen to me. It's all under control." I lay my hand next to his to signify my comfort.

"I can't wait to hold you again." He says, his emerald eyes staring at me.

I slightly grin, "The day is soon."

I can feel the pain radiating off his skin. I don't think it's pain from being in prison, but more of a frustration of not being able to be apart of all the things he's been involved in for so long.