chapter twenty five

*months ago...*

Drew's past

I've been walking these streets for a month now. I'm struggling and suffering. Sometimes I feel like I should go back but then I remember who my dad is and the things he's done. I miss Ava. She's been gone since a week before I ran away. I just hope she's okay... I tried to tell her the man she was with was only one of dads men, he couldn't have possibly loved or cared for her. She just looked straight threw him, she wouldn't believe me. I hope she figures it out and gets away before it's too late.

I travel to my next location. It's a condo on the cost. I walk in and ask for the resident of "Ed Sheeran".

I walk up the stairs to the door number they assign me.

"Who's there?" He asks.

"It's Lilly Owens, you called for me." I reply.

He opens the door with a grin, "How are you this afternoon, Lillian?" He asks.

"As good as I can be. Why are we at the condo and not your place?" I ask.

"Well, Lilly, this is not your regular business call. Our weekly encounters have made a friend out of you. I'm going to help you." He smiles.

"What do you mean? How?" I ask, in confusion yet excitement.

"Your sister is on their side. Now that they have her they're going to go after you. We need to get you out of here. I know ways to change your entire identity."

"My identity? Like, I'll be a different person?" I question.

"Whoever you want to be," He smiles widely, once again.

Ed is the first friend I've ever had, this is all new to me but it definitely feels good.

"I know some people in Manhattan. You'll be safe there. Is that okay with you?" He asks

"Trust me, I am not picky, a simple house is all I need," I chuckle.

Ed gets his laptop out. "Your name is Andrea Summers."

"Sounds fitting."

"What career path would you like to be involved in?"

"I've always wanted to do office work in cubicles." I suggest.

"Okay so we'll make you a writer with a Bachelors degree. You'll need some community service in here and past jobs. You've been a bank teller and left California with your job as a substitute teacher." He types everything out thoroughly.

"Would people buy this?" I begin to grow worried.

"What reason would they have not to?" He replies.

I guess that's logical enough.

"I set you up for an interview at an application office where you accept or pass applications for certain businesses in Manhattan."

"And where would I stay, I have no money nor clothes for an office.." This isn't going to work..

"Let me take care of that. I can give you enough to get you on your feet. You only need three outfits to get you through until the first paycheck. Your apartment expenses are already taken care of by a business firm a few friends and I corporate with."

"And how can we be certain that I get this job?" I ask

"I know people, you'll get the job."