Chapter Thirteen: Evan

Evan's POV

It had been ten minutes since Evan had typed the number into his phone. Ten minutes of writing and rewriting texts. Over and over and over. 

Evan: Hi! It's Evan

No one responded for a minute. Evan was nervous... what if this was the wrong number?

Evan: Is this Connor?

Connor: ya its Connor

Evan: Good! How are you?

Connor: uh im good

Evan: That's good. Sorry about what happened with Jared today.

Connor: wha???

Connor: wait why

Connor: its not ur fault dude

Evan: I guess not.

It was nice that Connor didn't blame him for that. That didn't mean Evan didn't feel bad about how Jared treated Connor though.

Connor: maybe we should prove him wrong tho

Evan: What?

Connor: u know

Connor: Jared

Evan: What about him?

Connor: never mind

Evan: No. Really. What about him?

Connor: maybe we should hang out

Connor: or something like that

That was actually a good idea. Evan was thinking about that, but felt awkward bringing it up. He wasn't sure the right way to do that.

Evan: That's a good idea!

Connor: ok what do u wanna do

Evan had thought about this too... In more detail. He had an idea. Not that it was any good. Connor had asked what he wanted to do, and Evan was... curious. This was an awful idea. A really terrible day. He had sent the text before he could think about it twice.

Evan: I was thinking we could go to the orchard.

Evan: If you're ok with that!

He added that after he realized what he'd done. He didn't want Connor to do this if he didn't want to. Connor replied a few seconds later.

Connor: that would be good

Connor: id like that a lot

Connor: Do you wanna go tomorrow or something???

Evan was excited. Connor seemed lonely, and... maybe they could help each other.

Evan: Yeah! That works! Can you pick me up though?

Connor: ya i can ;)

Connor: wait this sounds creepy but where do u live

Connor: cuz i gotta pick u up

Evan typed in his address and sent it, laying down on his bed.

Connor: thank u Evan :)

Evan smiled.

Evan: I can't wait for tomorrow.

(A/N welp. Guys I'm sorry the wait for this chapter was awhile! I'll try to post more frequently, but this week was kinda busy for me. Well, if you liked it, let me know! You guys are the best!)