Chapter Three: Connor

Connor's POV

Shit.

SHIT!

Connor had shoved a guy with a broken arm. That was a dick move. And then he had run off! That was even more of am dick move. Connor slumped down in the bathroom stall he was hiding in, and put his head in his hands. Why did he have to do that? He was freaking out. That guy was kind of short with short dirty blond hair. He was wearing a blue striped shirt and cargo pants. And he had a cast. On his arm. Connor had pushed a guy with a broken arm. Why did he care? Really, why did he care what this guy thought of him? Connor knew why he cared, not that he wanted to admit it.

He hadn't just pushed a guy with a broken arm, he had pushed a cute guy with a broken arm.

Connor knew he was gay, but... why did he feel this way about the broken arm kid?

Connor decided that his feelings were just being stupid... again. Wait. Was this a crush? Was Connor seriously crushing on the broken arm kid? Really? This was just what he needed right now. He didn't need to deal with this right now.

He still wasn't over it. The broken arm kid? Of all people? He was really cute though... Connor felt himself blushing, and not just a little either. He felt like his whole face was literally burning red. This was... awful. Awful was the right word.

Connor heard the bathroom door open. Shit. Who was it? Hopefully they didn't question him being in there, ditching class. Wait. What if it was the broken arm kid? Connor hoped it was him. He had to apologize. He just wanted that guy to like him... was that so wrong? Was this weird? He didn't have many friends. Even Zoe was usually mad at him now. Connor opened the door, just a crack to see who it was.

"Connor Murphy, creeping on boys in the bathroom. What a surprise." Jared Kleinman. Ugh.

"Shut up, Kleinman." Connor slammed the door shut, but heard Jared laughing. Connor would've said something witty, but couldn't think of anything good right now. In fact, he was only really thinking about the broken arm guy.

Wait. Jared was talking to that guy before Connor pushed him, right? Connor tried to remember... he was, wasn't he? It seemed weird to ask, but Connor decided to keep track of Kleinman, in case he talked to that guy again.

Oh, well, he'd find that guy sooner or later. Or at least he hoped so.

Six Hours Later

Connor was hiding out in the library after school. It calmed him, being surrounded by all of the books. He could do anything there, travel anywhere with the right book. Plus it was quiet. That was nice too. Or at least it was usually quiet.

Connor glanced up from his book, hearing the annoying screech of a printer. He got up, he was going to have a word with whoever was printing crap this late.

He turned the corner and snatched the paper out of the printer. It was... a letter? "Dear Evan Hansen," it began. Jesus, whoever was writing to this Evan kid had some issues. The letter was kind of sad to be honest. Then came the weirdest part of the letter. It mentioned Zoe. His sister? Connor knew lots of people had crushes on his sister, but still. Why would someone print this out at school? Zoe could find it here! Connor looked up to find that guy, the cute broken arm kid staring at him in horror.

"I-I can explain," he stuttered. That was kind of... cute. Connor was speechless. "I, um, I have to... write letters to myself. My therapist w-wants me to, so I-I'm not writing to anyone. Y-you're h-her brother a-and I-I just, I-"

"No one's signed your cast." Crap. That was stupid. Why would he say that? A cute guy, who was probably straight (of course), was writing creepy letters to himself about Zoe and he comments about the cast? Why? Just... why?

"Oh, I-I, um, you can sign it if you want..." Evan said.

Connor pulled a marker out of his bag and nervously scrawled his name in big, black letters. it took up almost the entire cast.

"T-thanks," Evan trailed off.

Then Connor remembered what he had wanted to tell Evan. "I-I'm sorry I pushed you earlier." That was the first time he'd apologized to someone in awhile.

Evan smiled shyly. "Oh, um, thanks," he says quietly.

Connor felt himself blushing a little, he pushed his hair behind his ear. He suddenly flung out his hand, realizing he was still holding the letter. "Here!" He panicked shoving the letter into Evan's hands and ran off. It was only later that he realized that it was the first time someone had really smiled at him in awhile.

(A/N Ok... Connor has a crush on Evan now... well, this is going well. If you're liking it so far, please tell me. Thanks!)