⚘ Chapter 39 - Tragedy

*Andy*

"Alright, alright, I would like to make a toast so pipe down!" Ashley announced that night as we were all gathered at my house.

After signing the contracts, we decided the next day to throw a congratulatory party for Alex and Remington.

From BVB to Palaye and even Asking Alexandria, who was in town, came by to celebrate.

Juliet was also here, but was obviously no pleased and just on her phone majority of the time.

"To my goddaughter and her partner" Ashley said, his drink in hand.

"Not officially godfather yet," I announced, making everyone laugh.

We all looked over at Ashley, Remington with his arm around Alex, Inna next to them along with Ben and his wife, Ciara.

"Now, even though you guys sped up to this step in your relationship, your reasons were good, and eitherwa

y," he said. "Both of you make an adorable, happy couple."

Everyone awwed as Alex blushed and Remington kissed her temple, Ashley continuing.

"My point here is, on this your first home together, I wish you both the very best, that you live happily together, and that you manage to make it to the next step together."

Everyone applauded a bit as he then raised his glass.

"To Remington and Lexi," he said.

"To Remington and Lexi," Everyone announced with some applause.

"But, of course, no funny business under that roof, unless you're playing it safe," Ashley winked, making me smack him upside the head as everyone burst out laughing, including Alex and Remington, despite their faces going red.

"Thank you, I'll be here all week, and I do weddings and birthdays!" he joked as we continued to laugh.

We continued to celebrate, everyone talking or eating or doing whatever.

"So when are you guys gonna starting the move?" Jinxx asked Alex and Remington.

"Next week. We plan to fly to Vegas in a few days to help pick up some of Remington's things, then head back here to get everything together," Alexandra said.

"Yeah, Alex's mom is gonna have her stuff shipped and anything else we'll go back for later on," Remington said.

"Well, we're here to help out on the heavy lifting," Jake said.

"Thank you, guys, Dad," Alex smiled.

"Anytime, and also, I would like to offer to pay the first 3 months of rent for you guys," I said.

"Aw, Dad, thanks but you don't have to do that," Alexandra said.

"I insist. Consider it a gift from me," I smiled. "Or at the very least let me help a little."

Alex sighed with a smile. "Alright, Dad. Thank you," she said as we pulled each other into a hug.

I smiled and hugged her back when her phone suddenly rung and she pulled back.

"Sorry. My mom's calling, I should take this. Excuse me," Alex said as I nodded and she stepped aside.

"Its so crazy, isn't it?" CC asked me as we watched her walk over by the hallway as Emerson pulled Remington over to the snack table. "Its like one moment you're a father and the next she's already moving in with her boyfriend..."

I looked at him weird. ".... CC, that's exactly what happened," I said.

He sighed nostalgically. "Yeah.... They grow up so fast, don't they?"