⚘ Chapter 8 - Positive

*Alexandra*

Time passed since the paternity test was taken.

I've been giving a lot of thought about everything.

What if the tests are positive?

I mean, that means I have a father, but what will happen then?

Can we all live a normal life?

Doubtful. He's an infamous international rockstar sitting on a shit pile of drama thats bigger thatn Everest, with a scandalous wife who SOMEHOW won second place on The Voice.

I can already see my face all over tabloids. I don't think I could be able to handle all of that.

Now I see why my mother kept me away from my father all these years, why she never really talked much about him. Why she is kind of still all for keeping him away from me.

She really doesn't trust Andy, and hates that they found us.

She told me of how it all happened, how Andy had broken up with Juliet for a short period of time, and the two of them ended up getting close before Andy decided to run back to Juliet's arms. My mom was going to tell him about the pregnancy until she saw them back together. She was heartbroken. Instead of a confrontation, however, she decided to just quit. So when everyone was asleep, she packed her things and snuck out in the middle of the night, never to be seen again.

That's why she left. Not just to protect me, but so she won't be living in any kind of pain from that backstab.

I feel that if I chose to get to know Andy, I'll be hurting my mother.

Yet if I don't agree to give him a chance, I feel that my grandmother's advice would be for nothing.

I sighed and rubbed my temples.

"Penny for your thoughts?" A familiar voice said and I turn to see Kathy, my mother's nurse, stood at my bedroom door.

I was in my room working on some assignments while Kathy helped my mom cook in the kitchen.

"Hey, umm... Just thinking I guess," I sighed.

"Family troubles, I'm assume," she said as she walked over and sat in the chair next to mine.

I took a deep breath. "I want to hate him, but at the same time I want to know about him," I said. "But I feel if I do, I'll let my mother down. And if I don't I'll let my grandmother down."

"It is a hard decision, isn't it?" She said.

"Yeah," I said. "What do you think I should do?"

"Well, if I were in your shoes," she said, thinking about it. "I'd just listen to Pocahontas and follow my heart."

I laughed with an eyeroll as she chuckled.

"I'm messing with you," She said with a smile. "But not entirely wrong. Plus, I don't think your mother will be upset with whatever you decide."

I sighed. "She hates him, though..." I said. 

"But do you?" she asked.

I pursed my lips. "Well..... Not completely.... I just don't exactly trust him. He turned his back on my mom, what if he does the same to me? Especially with Lady Tremaine in the picture."

"Yeah, that blonde lady definitely had something up her ass that died," Kathy sighed. 

I scoffed. "Tell me about it."

"Well, how about this?" She asked as she adjusted herself in her seat. "Give him a period of time to prove himself, see what kind of man he really is."