⚘ Chapter 32 - Hospitals

*Andy*

Alexandra was rushed to the hospital immediately and put on a respirator upon arrival.

Ashley was on the phone with Liz, who I'm pretty sure is preparing a bounty for my head and Juliet's.

We were all waiting for any news in the waiting room.

Meanwhile...

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED?!" Alice screamed at Juliet.

We were all worried and angry, but Alice barely screams. That's how we know she is LIVID. Probably more than Liz is.

When Alice is mad, she's scary. In other words, Jinxx found a perfect match.

"How in the hell was I supposed to know she had a history of asthma!?" Juliet exclaimed.

"EVEN IF SHE DIDN'T, WHO IN THE BLOODY HELL BLOWS SMOKE INTO PEOPLE'S FACES?!" Alice shouted. "FUCKING PRICKS IS WHO!!"

Nobody dared to try and calm her down. She was that scary to even approach. Right now, she had the wrath of God in her.

Not even Jinxx had the guts, and he's Alice's boyfriend.

"AND YOU!!" Alice screams, facing me and making me jump. "Ever since day one you have been afraid to even speak up for yourself, even a cat has had to defend you!!! STEP THE FUCK UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR LIFE ALREADY!! YOUR DAUGHTER ALMOST ENDED UP WITH A BREATHING TUBE BECAUSE OF YOU NEVER SAYING ANYTHING!!!"

"Alright, let's all calm down," John said. "All this screaming and anger isn't going to help Alex."

"Family of Alexandra Brighton," A nurse said.

We rushed over, me up front.

"I'm her father, but they're family, too," I said. "Please, is Alex okay?"

"You got her here just on time. Her inhaler bought her some time here as well. If you hadn't used it, her lungs could have collapsed," he said.

We sighed with relief.

"We'll be keeping her in observation until she's strong enough, but it looks like she can leave tonight, tomorrow morning the latest," the doctor said. "You can see her now if you want."

"You go on ahead. We'll try and keep Alice from trying to commit murder," Ashley said to me. "Jake and I will be there in a bit."

I nodded and followed the doctor.

***

I walked in to see Alexandra laying in bed, an oxygen mask over her sleeping face and monitors examining her heart rate.

I sat by her side and her blue eyes slowly opened, looking around the room in confusion.

"Shhh," I said, holding her hand to keep her calm.

"D-Dad?" She murmured in a somewhat raspy voice.

"Shhh..... You're okay," I said.

She looked around, but then she had an upset look on her face.

"Give me one...." she said, taking a deep breath. "...Good reason why I.... I shouldn't press charges....."

"Alex, please" I said.

"She tried to.... Kill me," She breathed out, now angry.

"I'm going to handle this," I said, holding her hand. "I assure you."

She coughed softly before laying back in frustration.

Soon Jake walked in with Inna, and also Palaye Royale. "We got a problem," he said.