⚘ Chapter 19 - Gold Digger

*Alexandra*

I yawned as I woke up and saw it was actually still pretty early even to start getting ready.

We had to be on our way to the next town by 11 am, and it was barely even 8 am.

Humphrey had woken up as well and greeted me. I smiled and pet him.

"Good morning, baby boy," I said.

My phone suddenly beeped and I went to check who messaged me.

Remington: I woke up early and Emerson is being a big baby and won't wake up to entertain me. Wanna join me at the breakfast buffet for a bit???

I laughed at the message and thought about it.

Well, I am starving.

I shrugged and replied.

Alex: Lmao, sure, I'll meet you in the lobby in 10 minutes.

Remington: Awesome!

I got out of bed and changed into a pair of sweatpants with my TOMS, black tank top with a BVB hoodie Dad gave me, brushed my hair, and then writing a note for him and leaving it on the dresser before petting Humphrey.

"Be good. I won't be long," I said.

"Meow," he said as he then curled up on my pillow and went back to sleep.

I then grabbed my phone and headed out of the bedroom.

"Good morning!" a familiar voice said a bit loudly from behind me as I closed the door and I swear I felt like I nearly actually did jump out of my skin as I spun and saw it was Juliet, smiling weirdly at me.

"Geez, lady, at least fucking tell me if you're gonna give me a heart attack!" I said as I held my chest.

"Haha, you're so fun Lexi," she laughed.

I looked at her with a raised brow.

I know she did not call me 'Lexi' just now.

"Where are you off to so early?" she asked curiously.

I continued to look at her weird. "I woke up early, so I'm meeting Remington at the breakfast buffet.

"Oh, no need for that, I already made you breakfast," she said happily, taking my hand and dragging me towards the table.

"What the hell?" I asked as she sat me down on a seat where there was a full course breakfast meal laid out in front of me, laid out in two plates.

There was even bacon, sausages, and eggs.

"You're a vegan, and you cooked meat and eggs?" I said, looking at her like she lost her mind. "To eat?"

"Well, I figured I'd give it a chance for you," she shrugged.

I looked at her weird as she then served me a hot tea in a fancy tea cup

"For your throat," she smiled.

"My throat?" I asked as she looked at me weirdly as she then sat next to me and poured a bunch of gravy from a nearby gravy boat onto her plate and I looked at her in shock.

"Man, this looks good, doesn't it?" she said.

".... You did something to this, didn't you?" I said, pointing at my food as I went with my 'She's probably poisoning me' suspicion.

"Only made it how my mom used to, silly," she laughed with a shrug as she spread jam on her toast.

"Okay, are you on drugs or something?" I asked. "At this point, you'd be calling me a mistake or something and made me call room service for you."