⚘ Chapter 4 - Arguments

*Andy*

The next day I snuck out in the morning and took an Uber to the address given.

Hopefully I can do this before Juliet wakes up.

I never would have really guessed Liz was from Atlantic City. She told us she was from South Carolina, but I'm guessing Atlantic City is her birth town.

I soon arrived to the house and paid the driver before climbing down and looking at it.

It wasn't a small house, but it wasn't big either, and despite looking like it had a strong structure, it could use some TLC, maybe some fresh paint and a gardener to tend to the lawn.

I took a deep breath before walking up the ramp of the porch and ringing the doorbell.

I nervously waited when the door opened and there she stood.... My possible daughter....

Wow... She looks a lot like Liz.... But I also see some of my traits.

She seemed surprised to see me before frowning.

"How did you find this place?" she asked cautiously.

"Well, umm.... You're mom's employees are still kept at her old job," I said.

"Creepy of you," she snapped, crossing her arms. "You shouldn't even be here. I don't want to see you."

"I'm sorry, but.... I just need to talk with you two," I said. "One hour, that's all I ask."

She hesitated, giving me a bit of a nasty look, before sighing. 

"Come in," she said, motioning to me.

I nervously stepped in as she shut the door.

I saw a bunch of framed photographs hanging on the walls and placed on neat little tables.

I noticed one of a little girl with light blonde hair, probably around 5 or 6, who looks a bit like Alexandra does.

(Picture: Alexandra Brighton as a child)

"My mom's still in bed, and you're lucky I don't have class today, because I would honestly have no time for this," She said coldly.

"I'm guessing Liz told you everything or else you wouldn't be this harsh with me," I said, surprised with her attitude.

"Honey who was at the door?" A familiar voice spoke, interrupting her and I turned to see Liz roll into the living room and gasped when she saw me.

"Liz," I said.

"Get out, Andy, I don't want to see you," she snapped.

"Liz, please, can we please, talk?" I begged.

"There's nothing to say," Liz snarled.

"Of course there is! Why didn't you tell me I had a child!?" I exclaimed.

*Alexandra*

"Why would I?! You cared more about that bitch you put up with, did you actually believe I would expose a daughter to the lights of her, let alone you?" Mom snapped.

"I had rights!" Andy shouted.

"SO DID I!!" Mom shouted.

"YOU JUST DISAPPEARED WITHOUT A TRACE, YOU WORRIED EVERYONE!!!" Andy yelled.

I don't like this.

"OH LIKE YOU EVEN GAVE A DAMN!!" Mom shouted.

"I FUCKING DID!!" He yelled.

"STOP IT!!!" I exclaimed, moving them apart. "STOP IT NOW!! YOU'RE BOTH STRESSING ME OUT WITH THIS!!!"

They quieted down as I took a deep breath.

"You know what, Andy, fine. I'll listen to whatever excuses you have to make, but I don't want Alexandra having to be caught in the middle," she said.

"Mom?" I asked.

"Honey, why don't you go early to see Grandma?" Mom asked.

"Wait, what?!" I asked. "I'm not leaving you alone with him!!"

"He won't do me any harm, honey. Don't worry, just go, tell your grandmother I love her," she said.

I hesitated before glaring at my "father."

"You hurt her, I swear I will end you," I snarled. "Humphrey, protect."

Humphrey, who stood by me, suddenly took a defensive stance and growled as he looked at Andy, who seemed surprised at my cat's unique behavior.

I smirked as I grabbed my bag from nearby.

"I can see he's friendly," Andy grumbled as he backed up.

"Very," I said sarcastically. "I'll be back soon, Mom."

"Drive safe, honey," she said as I walked out of the house.

I climbed into my car and headed out to the retirement home.

Maybe Grams will have some advice...

*Andy* 

"I should call the police," Liz snarled at me as her kept glaring at me.

"Liz, please, let me talk," I begged.

"What is there to talk?!" She snapped. 

"You disappeared without telling me that you were pregnant with my child," I said. "Years later, you turn up in a wheelchair from an accident that looked like it could have even killed you!! Was Alex with you?!"

She hesitated but then sighed. "I was driving her to school.... She was in a coma, but managed to pull through... But that doesn't mean I needed to call you!!"

"Why would you keep her from me?!" I asked.

"I can't believe you're asking me why I didn't expose my own daughter to the toxic landfill that is your fucking life, Andrew," She snarled.

"Really, my life is toxic??" I asked.

"At least I don't have a psychotic spouse whose years older than me and controlling every aspect of my life as it spirals out of control!!" She snapped.

"Okay, that was harsh," I said.

"Truth hurts, doesn't it?" she shrugged.

This is gonna be a long conversation.

"Liz, please, I don't want to fight," I said.

"Believe it or not, I don't either, but I can't help but just feel angry seeing you," she snapped. "And I didn't want Alexandra being brought in to such a stressful world."

I grunted, knowing she was right, but then crossed my arms.

"I want to know her..."

~~~~~

What do you think will happen next??

🎹Currently in Sapph's playlist:

Vesta Collide "Moondancer"

♡~ sapphire.