⚘ Chapter 23 - Surprises

*Alexandra*

"Haha!!" Remington laughed as we ate our food in the diner.

"I swear, they're insane, but they didn't seem like terrible people," I said with a laugh.

We went to a diner for breakfast and just talked.

"Still sucks that you have to leave tomorrow," he said sadly.

"Hey, like I said," I said. "We can hang whenever you're in town and I can visit when I'm on a semester break."

"Yeah, I guess," he smiled.

"Well, hey, if anything, next time we see each other, I'll cook you something nice as a gift," I said, taking a bite of my toast.

"Or," he said, reaching over and carefully holding my hand. "I can take you out somewhere really nice."

I furrowed my brows. "Is this you asking out on a date?"

He pursed his lips in a thinking way. "I don't know, is it working?"

I chuckled. "I would love to," I said as I held his hand.

"Wow, that went better than I thought," he smiled, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"But I'm serious, I will love to go on a date with you, Remington," I said.

"I'm glad," he said as then our waiter arrived.

"One large Nutella Milkshake with with extra whip cream," he said.

Remington smiled as the large decorative milkshake was placed in front of him.

"Really?" I laughed.

"Hey," he said as he grabbed the spoon. "Nutella is a god send. I'm just partaking in its goodness."

I laughed as he went to enjoy his milkshake.

*Andy*

"How's this?" CC asked as he and John held the sign up against the wall of the hotel room.

Thankfully an old friend of John's conveniently works at the hotel we're currently at and was able to pull some strings to let us hold the farewell party in the hotel's presidential suite.

"Hmm... A liiiiiittle bit more up?" I said, then they moved it up a few more inches up. "Perfect, there!"

"Tape it down," John said as they got the ends.

I sighed and double checked the cheesy 'Bon Voyage' sign when my phone rang.

I looked and saw it was Liz and took a deep breath before answering.

"Hey, Liz," I said.

"Just wanted to make sure things were okay for tomorrow," she said.

I sighed. "Yeah, um, everything's set. Her flight will land tomorrow at around 12 pm," I said.

"Okay... And I heard from Ashley that you're planning her a farewell party," she said.

"Something small, you know," I said.

I heard her sigh a bit and then spoke. 

"Look, umm... You did try, and keep your word... I won't keep her away from you," she said hesitantly.

I stopped pacing. "Really?'

"But... You need to realize that there are things that still hold you back..." she said

"Me?" I asked.

"You know what I mean," she said.

I was about to ask when suddenly...