Chapter 10

(Smut warning)

*months later*

"Ahren, honey, are you ready?" I shout from the living room with my luggage in hand.

"No, I'm still packing!"

"You have to hurry!" I roll my eyes. "We have to leave in 5 minutes in order to make the flight!"

"Okay, okay. I'm done, let's gooo!" Ahren rushes out of our room with his suitcases.

"Finally, you took fucking forever." Ahren and I shove our suitcases in the trunk and speed off to the airport for our flight to America. Our first tour ever starts in a few days in America.

I plan to land in America and take Ahren for a few adventures before we start playing in front of thousands of supporters for months on end.

Ahren and I get our passports scanned and board the plane after waiting for hours upon hours of bag check. Apparently they check your bags more extensively if you wear all black and have stretched ears..

I take my seat at the window and Ahren sits next to me on the aisle side.

He takes his dirty, old, white earbuds, plugs them into his phone, and shoves them in his ears. Ahren lies his head back and mouths the lyrics softly.

I lean my head against the window and take in the beautiful scene as we ascend into the clouds, the people below us looking like ants. I pull out my phone and take pictures of the upcoming ocean in many filters.

I've always enjoyed the outdoors, the beauty of it intrigued me. It inspires me to take photographs and do art. No matter my mood, the calming features of the outside world seems to soothe me.

Ahren reaches his hand over to mine and squeezes it. I turn my head to see his face smiling happily at me.

"You okay?" I ask with a yawn.

"Yeah, you?"

"Mhm, couldn't be better." I land a short kiss on his sweet lips, tasting of the coffee that he made earlier that day.

"You tired, babe?" Ahren asks softly, trying not to wake the other passengers.

"Yeahh, I didn't sleep much last night."

Ahren furrows his eyebrows. "Why not?"

"Just excited for tour I guess." I lied. I stayed up most of the night looking for things Ahren and I could do while in America.

"Well, sleep. You need the energy." He smirks.

"These seats are shit, there's no way I could sleep on this."

"Just try, Joel. If you have trouble sleeping, just sing a soft song in your head. If you're tired enough, you shouldn't even be able to finish the song." Ahren caresses my face with his thumb.

"What?" I grin, "Do you think you're some kind of expert?"

"I'm far from expert, Joel, but trust me. It's helped me sleep."

I roll my eyes. "Okay, I'll try it, baby."

Next thing I knew, Ahren was shaking me awake because our flight had landed.

"Damn, Joel, you slept for nearly 17 hours." Ahren said as he grabbed my hand.

"Did I?" I stretch.

"Yeah, fuckin sleepyhead." He laughs. "Come on, let's go."

"I booked us a hotel ahead of time."

"Where did we even land?" Ahren asks.

"We're in Maryland." I smile. "Let's go to the hotel and chill for the night. I got a surprise for you tomorrow."