'I've just got good taste.' He smirked, and I playfully hit his chest, trying not to think about the hard muscle, that my fingers knew, laid beneath his t-shirt.

'Thank you, This was a very nice surprise.' I took a step forward, and kissed his lips, a token of my gratitude. Pulling away shortly after, I heard him mutter, 'Not so fast.' He pulled me into his front, careful not to crush the flowers I was holding, before his lips found my own once more, and he kissed me more intensely and deeply than the first time.

This time he pulled away, our faces mirroring, an evident smile.

I leaned forward and inhaled the Flowers delightful, fresh scent. 'I could get used to this.'

'Shawn? Is that you?' Nonna appeared in the hallway, her face instantly lighting up at the sight of Shawn and I, and the flowers I was holding.

She walked forward and opened her arms - Shawn bent down, to hug her, small frame.

'I've missed you around here. You get more and more handsome every time I see you!' Nonna exclaimed, holding him at shoulder's length to examine him.

He laughed, one of his true, genuine, happy laughs, with his dimples making an appearance.

'And you get more and more lovely every time too Rosa.' Shawn replied, sending my grandma his award winning smile. If I wasn't careful, Nonna would replace me soon for him as an adopted grandchild.

'Those flowers are beautiful, it was very sweet of you to bring them for my Sofia. Do you have any plans for this evening by any chance Shawn?'

'No actually.'

'Well, please join us for dinner. I always feel so bad, you living by yourself. You're welcome any time.'

'Oh, no, I wouldn't want to intrude.'

'Nonsense, you could never do that.'

'Are you sure?' Shawn asked, obviously feeling bad that she may think the point of his visit was for an invitation.

'Positive.'

'Well thank you very much, I'm sure whatever you make will be delicious. Can I help you with anything?'

'Oh no. I've nearly finished the prep, dinner will be ready in about 25 minutes. If you pass me the flowers, I'll put them in a vase for you. Sofia and yourself, I'm sure, can find something to occupy yourselves with while you wait.' Nonna feigned a taunting grin, I responded with an eye roll, and she returned to the kitchen, holding my flowers.

'I swear she loves you more than she does me.' I laughed, taking Shawn by the hand and taking him down the hall to my room. I thanked myself for deciding to tidy it.

'What can I say, it's my Canadian charm.'

'We all seem to be a sucker for it in this household.' I muttered.

'What was that?' Shawn smirked.

'Well Nonna must be the only one to fall for your charms because so far, they haven't worked on me.' I faked an innocent smile.

'Oh right. Is that so?' Shawn mocked, I opened my bedroom door and walked inside, looking over my shoulder at Shawn, who's eyes had slightly darkened.

'Nonna might be easy to persuade, but I'm a tough cookie.'

'Uh-huh. Really?' He shut the door behind him.

He began to  step towards me, agonizingly slow, pure dominance radiating from him in every step, I had never seen this side of Shawn before. But I couldn't deny, that it didn't turn me on.