16

Alex's p.o.v

John and I had our lazy day, I mean my ass still kinda hurt but it was so worth it.

We were watching housewives of New Jersey, and I have to admit, we had no fucking clue how we started watching it but we loved it!

I fell asleep on the couch, and I felt John het up.

I feel John kiss my head and I smile.

I'm so lucky to have him...

{Alex's dream/flashbacks}

(Alex is three and James is twelve and their dad left before Alex was born)

"But mama, do you have to leave? You could be hurt..." I whine as my mommy is about to leave for work.

I tug on her dress hoping to stop her from leaving us.

Mommy usually came home with bruises on her neck!

Her job must be scary...

"Don't worry baby, I'll be back soon. I need to do this for you and your brother." My mother says sweetly giving me a kiss on the cheek, she does the same for my brother and leaves.

I hold my blanket closely, it was my favorite thing in the entire world.

"Jamie, what does mommy do? She always hurts herself..." I say about to cry.

He hugs me, "you're too young to know Allie, now let's find something to eat." Jamie says taking a look in the pantry.

He takes out some bread and butter, it's all we really have.

He takes out two pieces and hands one to me. He puts away the bread and butter then eats his.

"Jamie, why did papa leave." I ask taking a bite, Jamie looks down about to cry.

"Oh no! Who hurt you?" I ask hugging him.

"I-it's nothing, papa left us for reasons I don't know." He says hugging me back.

"Is he a meanie?" I ask still hugging him.

He just laughs a bit.

"I guess you could say that." He chuckles and walks over to our little couch.

"Jamie?" I ask waddling over to him.

"Yes?"

"Where do babies come from?"

He gives me a shocked look.

"I- uh well.. angels bring them too us..." He says nervously.

I laugh at him.

"Just kidding! Doesn't a boy have too have sex with a girl?" I ask.

He looks at me dumbfounded.

"Where did you learn this from?" He asks very confused.

"Books!" I say.

He just shakes his head.

"Goofball.."

{End Of dream/flashback}

I wake up to see John still isn't back. I get up to see him looking at something.

I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist, burring my head into his back.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask.

"I just found this old blanket, wha was it doing on the floor? I almost died when I slipped on it!" He says handing it to me.

I let go of him and take it.

"Sorry, I really should hang this up somewhere..." I say looking around my apartment.

He looks at me very confused and I blush.

"Why would you hang it up?"

"It's uh... well, it's my childhood blanket and it's the best thing I've ever had, besides you." I say holding the blanket close.

He smiles and hugs me.

"That's adorable."

"Stoooppppp...." I say smiling.

"Nevverrrr." He says picking me up and throwing me onto the couch.

"I hate you sometimes." I laugh.

"No you don't."

I felt my phone go off and I grab it.

Maria: GO TO CIDER WOOD HOSPITAL STAT!! ITS PEGGY!!!!!!