M A R K U S

Words:1556Game:Detroit: Becoming Human

Words:1556
Game:Detroit: Becoming Human

__________
Imagine you have Robophobia. (A phobia of robots/androids)
__________

Robophobia. It's like the world was made to give you constant anxiety. You couldn't leave your house without seeing an android, a form of AI that sent fear prickling against your body. It took your sister's constant persuasion to make you leave the house. And today, you had to go shopping to find you a dress for their birthday party.

Your mother had recently grown sick and couldn't go out and grab you anything to wear. Therefore, you were stuck gripping onto
(S/N)'s arm as you walked through the mall.

They were parked outside, at the counters as cashiers and receptionists. They were even the road workers and holding the bags of idle shoppers.

You could practically feel your heart pounding out of your chest as you entered Reese's; a popular clothing store that you secretly adored from the confines of your room. You could once remember saying the whole shop could be in your wardrobe. And honestly, that is what remained in your cupboard while you walked past the threshold.

To your left, a creepy, robotic figure of a man stands beside a woman. It's just a mannequin. You repeat in your mind like a mantra. However, This is only a failing attempt to calm yourself.

To your right, a 'pay here' sign points down to a placid woman. Her hair is pulled back too neatly and nothing is out of place. She doesn't seem it, but the eery mirror image of a human sends the cold skipping down your spine.

It's too much. Your breath begins to grow heavy and your (E/C) eyes widen at the humanoids surrounding you. The world seems to grow smaller and crush your shoulders into a curve, it takes your legs and intertwines them until you no longer feel from the waist down.

You already began running as your sister called after you. In the distance you could hear her frantic calls as your feet pumped against the concrete. It was patterned with wet spots from the rain and like the cold drops of water, you couldn't escape the city surrounding. It was full of the new world, nothing was as you remembered it when you were a child. There was no longer a time when silence enveloped you naturally.

Suddenly, you turned to run into a strong wall. It crushed your cheek into a bruise of pink (later to go purple).

"I'm so sorry, here" a calm voice apologised, to later offer a hand covered in beautiful, brown skin. You could just imagine the soft texture of his skin against your own until you looked up to smile.

Beside the man's pretty orbs of pastel green, an LED of blue turned. However, you didn't shudder at the short distance between you, you didn't even feel that familiar curdle of puke in your stomach. Instead, you slowly placed your hand into his, allowing his long fingers to curl over your own.