M A R K U S

Words:525Game:Detroit: Becoming Human A/N: This is for my own personal ship on another fanfiction I love

Words:525
Game:Detroit: Becoming Human
A/N: This is for my own personal ship on another fanfiction I love. This is her account > xxneverxlosexhopexx

__________
Tasha gets cold feet before walking down the aisle.
Non- reader insert.
__________

Tasha shook with the oncoming scene. She could just hear the symphony of "here comes the bride" while her leg bounced under the fluffy, white dress. Was she doing the right thing? She didn't entirely know. In fact, she could still feel the burning sensation where Markus had left his slight touches. On her knee, her arms, her cheek. So small and platonic, yet full of so much adoration.

She had no one there to hold her, no one there to tell her this was the right thing. That being Connor's wife would brighten her future.

The fact that she doubted every feeling she felt for the android detective, Tasha was desperate for anyone to walk through and reassure her decision.

But... He had to come through the door, with his caramel synthetic skin and two pools of blue and green.

"What's going on? Connor is waiting and everybody's getting anxious" Markus wondered as he walked toward the nervous bride.

That's when she finally spoke up, biting her lip in a painful uncertainty.

"What if this isn't the write thing?" She wondered aloud.

"What do you mean? You love Connor, only a day ago you were telling me you couldn't imagine life without him" he announced, bleeding the comfort Tasha needed into her as he caressed her upper arms.

"I know I was-" she breathed out, her voice so shaky she had to calm it, "- but maybe this is too soon. Maybe I'm just jumping into this without really thinking".

At these words, the room grew silent.

Markus didn't know what to say. Yes, he was her friend, he always would be. However, the temptation to feed these notions lingered in the fore-fronts of his mind.

"What should I do, Markus?" She questioned with those bright eyes, swallowing him whole as he took an unneeded breath.

His deviancy was screaming. He finally had free will, he could do whatever he wanted yet he wasn't taking advantage of what he had fought for.

Through hardship and blue blood, he had given up all he knew, to be... Human. And even that meant being selfish sometimes.
.
.
.

Nevertheless, today wasn't that day.

"You love Connor. This... This is just cold feet
(as they say). Trust me, you're gonna walk down that aisle and not regret a thing",

"Really?" She asked, with a vulnerability clear in her tone.

"Really-" he smiled while trying to hide the sadness behind it. However, she could see it all. "- Don't let yourself get scared. You're brave, you're Tasha, detective at the DPD... You can do this".

Markus was always good for motivational speeches. He led a revolution after all. Therefore, Tasha hesitantly raised her hand and cupped his cheek in her palm. He felt oddly warm and Tasha couldn't help but smile at the sweet android.

"Thank you, Markus" she said slowly, adding a whole new meaning to his name.

"Anything for you... Now get out there, you have a man to marry".

And Tasha did leave the room, biting her lip with the unexpected smile. But, despite this her heart sunk and his bio-components seemed to stop functioning all together.