K O L // M I K A E L S O M

Words:1022Series:The Originals

Words:1022
Series:The Originals

__________
Imagine your daughter with Kaleb/Kol is a siphoner.

___________

You were not yet used to Kol's vampire body. Especially, since you offered to feed him daily after the birth of your daughter. Technically, she wasn't exactly his. However, little Rose was born of the love between you.

As Rose became a toddler, your relationship blossomed. You could recall the nights when she was planted between you both as you all slept. Her small frame was cuddled up against her teddy bear while you both looked down on her. From Kaleb, (the body Kol had borrowed) she had inherited his grey eyes and olive skin but, she had your (H/C) coloured hair. She was a perfect mixture, of what you couldn't tell. However, she was beautiful all the same.

While you laid together in the calming silence of night, Kol ran his fingers through her thin hair, just as the moon was filtering through the sheer white curtains. In that moment you prayed for it to last forever, never would you have to have the worries of death or injury. She would be safe and in your arms for eternity. That night, you and Kol spoke in soft whispers, he said your name like a song slowly dying in the summer breeze. The way your life worked then was near to heavenly. But, you were part of the Mikaelson family, having the big guy work in your favour wasn't an option.

Rose sat on a blanket in the court yard of the compound. She was just reaching her sixth birthday and never did you want her to grow old. She sat in-between your legs as her doll jumped from side to side in a awkward dance. Kol was watching off on the side with a whisky glass filled with crimson blood. A smile was curled the corners of his lips and his eyes were ever so soft.

Strands of (H/C) hair fell like a curtain around your head as you looked down on your daughter. You had somehow gotten Rose on her back while you attacked her in a tickle fight. Her high pitched laughter rang out across the compound until she gripped your forearm and your screams replaced it. A red light was generated on your skin just under where her hand had gripped. An excruciating pain erupted up your arm and under you skin. It felt as if she was sucking your very life force from your body.

Before you knew it, you daughter had pulled away once you collapsed on the ground. Her tears stained her pink cheeks while snot ran down her Cupid's bow and on her lips. Kol had undiluted fear plaguing his face as he cradled you. Never had he seen a siphoner, he had heard rumours but never considered them to be reliable let alone valid. They were nicknamed abominations by the witch community, mutants. They were dangerous and he could see why. Rose was barely six and she managed to take you down, a powerful New Orleans witch. Therefore, Kol remained at your side, staring at his daughter as if he didn't know her any more. In any witch's eyes, he had given birth to an abomination. To hurt you was nothing he could forgive or forget.

Then did he wonder how he would go about his life. With Rose's family being all supernatural, what would her life be like? He couldn't touch her, nor could you until she had everything under control.

Soon enough, the rest of the Mikaelson family had heard the screaming of their youngest member. And they entered the court yard to find you unconscious, Rose crying her eyes out while Kol looked on at her with a sense of disgust. On instinct, Rebekah took the young girl into her arms. However, just as she done that, Kol shouted:

"Don't touch her!".

All she could do was obey, especially due to the scene before her.

"What has happened here?" Freyah questioned with a cocked eyebrow as she stepped closer.

"She's a mutant, an abomination... She's a siphoner" Kol announced with his voice soft and almost broken. At this point Rose had quietened her deafening wails and Freyah knew then why they couldn't touch the child. Therefore, she advised her siblings to stay clear of the young girl, not to let her touch them directly.

Hours later, when you woke, Rose was in her cot and segregated from the original family. Against Kol and Freyah's better judgement, you hobbled to her room and cooed at her while you reached to pick her up. Siphoner or not, you couldn't abandon her, your only child. However, your husband couldn't exactly enter the same mind set.

Through the years as she grew, he forced her to wear thick gloves, excluding any skin on skin contact between her or anybody else. While Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah saw no problem with their niece, Kol and Freyah were always wary, they refused to let down their guards around the young siphoner.

Once when you sat with Rose curled up in your side while reading a grimoire, Kol couldn't help but watch his own daughter like she was a threat. And on another day, she caused a wall to build between her parents, ultimately obscuring them from agreement. Words of malice were thrown from one to the other, right until he said:

"She isn't my daughter, you slept with the corpse I was using, not me!".

In that moment tears brewed like fire behind your (E/C) orbs. You guessed maybe one day he would accept her, he might just see reason. However, that was only an impossible wish. Therefore, without his knowledge, you took a road trip to Mystic falls with an exhausted ten year old in the back seat. Klaus said he knew of a girl who had children just like Rose, they were twins from the Gemini Coven, and in their family their uncle was a siphoner, just like them.

Hope for understanding boiled in your gut, your heart filled with happiness. You could prove Kol wrong and you were set on doing so, no matter what, even if she seemed irredeemable.

___________

Requests are open
___________