Chapter 56 - Prepair For War

I should have known it was pointless to try and talk King Mogamett. He was a stubborn as any leader. I don't get it, compromising is needed in ruling a country, but none of the rulers seem to be willing to do so. "What are we going to do now?" Derra asked me looking to me for all the answers.

I was seriously overwhelmed at this moment. I couldn't show it though. I needed to lead them all, I needed to assure them with what we needed to do. Even if I didn't know that myself. I was in thought as I walked down a flight of stairs. "Onee-chan?" the voice of my brother entered my ears. I looked up to find Aladdin standing there with Titus and Sphintus. I lit up at the sight of him. He had grown, now up to my chest.

I walked over to him, which earned many people's attention. I just picked him up in a hug. "I've missed you," I told him, "How come you never contacted me?" He let out a little laugh as I sat him back down.

"What are you doing here?" Aladdin asked me, with a smile on his face and worry in his eyes.

I glanced around seeing how many people were around us. Time to try out some new magic I was trying. "We shouldn't talk here," I told him out loud. I quickly mumbled a spell to tell the ruhk to carry a message from me to him. I'll handle Mogamett, you deal with the Reim Magnostadt war. He seemed hesitant, so I sat a comforting hand in his head and gave him a smile. I knew he could do it. He returned my smile and nodded his head.

Derra and I continued our walk out of the palace and to the hurried streets of the city. "We should check on the black ruhk containment," I finally got around to deciding what to do. Next stop the bottom of the city.

- * -

I barged into my office, fist clenched hard enough for my nails to be digging into my palms. I'd think I would be used to this feeling, I've felt it twice before. This time it was so much stronger, bit a throb, but a grip treating to pull out my heart. It hurt. Everything hurt. I stormed over to the wall and punched it. I wasn't just sad but also angry. Angry at Audria for leavong again. Angry at myself for letting her leave. Angemry at myself for think she would stay.

I thought we were finally getting what we both wanted. She wanted to be married as soon as possible, then she left. We wrr planing our wedding. Had she realized she didn't want to. Was she just messing with me all along? No, she may be devious, but she isn't like that. She has the biggest heart and no way could it let her bring harm to anyone. So there had to be a logical reason why the ring was no longer on her hand, and was in mine.

"Sin, now is not the time for this," Ja'far scolded me. I glared over my shoulder at him, tears pickling in the corner of my eyes. "You must get ready, a war is just something Al Tharmen is hoping for."

I turned to face him, my anger spring past my sadness. "She's gone, along with all her essentials, her swords, her staff, her robe, even her green wardrobe, all gone. Then even her friends are missing. She just disappeared. And you are telling me to forget about it, and focus on a war."

- * -

I let Mei and Derra do the inspection of the ruhk vacuum, as I call it. I was over whelmed with everything going on. I couldn't properly focus, trying to remeber what happens and what to do about it. I started to regret not doing anything sooner. I just hope there is still a way to stop it. When I originally came to Magnostadt they were already working with Al Tharmen, so there wasn't much I could do. I so badly wanted to go to Sin and cry out all my stress. I so badly just wanted a hug from him right then. But I couldn't leave right now. I needed to solve this problem. That is what I decided to do, and I will do it, even if I die from stress and not the battle itself.

My two magicians walked over to me with worried looks on their faces. "There is no way to shut it down," Mei told me the sad revolution. I should have known.

I clenched my fists and studied the ground. "Well we could but all the black ruhk would be stored, and just easily set free, if we could find a way to disperse it all then little harm would be done," Derra explained, glancing back at the machine.

I sighed and wiped away the tears that were gathering at the corner of my eyes. " That is enough black ruhk to snuff out all the light in the world..."I informed them. We wouldn't want to release it, as Al Tharmen would find a way to gather it all for their use. We would just need to deal with it here.

My friends looked frighten by my revilation. " What should we do then?" Mei asked, worry in her eyes. If I didn't know what was coming I would be just as scared as she was.

There was actually much to do. "We only have one thing left to do," I told her with a determined look in my eyes, "Prepare for war. Gather everyone and any weapon, magic tool, and staff we have. I can only hope my training for this day was enough." My friends took my determination on themselves. If I believed we would get through this, they would. At most I needed to hide my worries of all that could go wrong in the next day or so.