Chapter 33 - Then It Was Us

I was running through the streets of Sindria, literally jumping over obstacles. I needed to see Aladdin off before he left for Magnostadt. I easily found the ship once I was at the docks. I ran up to the group and literally tackle hugged Aladdin. We both laughed as we say on the street in a hug. "I thought I wasn't gonna get back in time to say goodbye," I told him.

"Oneechan, you have an arrow in your hair," Aladdin pointed out nonchalantly. I did just come out of a dungeon, so not overly surprising. I started running my hand through my now shorter hair, long story, until my hand ran into something pointy. I pulled the silver arrow out of my hair with a laugh.

"Yeah, I just got back," I explained, putting the arrow in my pocket, half of it sticking out. "Do you have everything?" I asked, dotting on him like a worried mother.

"Yes," he whined, probably getting similar treatment from Yam.

"Spare clothes, spare staff, your flute, foot for the journey, money?" I ran through a small list I had created in my mind.

"Yes," he complained, probably just wanting to get going. He was all slouched up and had a pout on his face.

"Fine, I'll take your word," I laughed, "Oh I have friends in Magnostadt, if you ever need help they have a charm like this," I handed him a spare AR charm I had brought him, "show them this and tell them your my brother and they'll help you." He took the chain from me and nodded din understanding.

"I need to get going now," he said, putting the charm in his bag. He gave me another quick hug before going to the ship.

"Bye,"I screamed," Don't stay up late, study hard, and if you get in a fight fight fair, above the waist not in the face, and make friends! " Everyone started chuckling at my statement.

Sin walked up and started squinting. He was trying to figure out what was different. "My hair's shorter," I told him, his face lit up with realization.

He got closer and started running his hand through my mid waist length edge hair. I was considering fused on why, but it felt nice, and extremely calming. I then remembered I haven't slept in days and was exhausted. "You okay?" he asked under his breath, as I slowly closed my eyes. I nodded into his hand on the side of my head.

"Just tired," I explained, "I should head home and take a nap." He pulled me into a loose hug, which I would have been more than happy to fall asleep in.

"Come find me when you wake up, I want to know what you've been doing in the past week," Sin said through my hair. I nodded into his chest and pulled apart. I hazily made my way back to the orphanage, before venturing into my office and falling asleep on the couch.

I woke up to find a group of kids had fallen asleep around me and a blanket had been draped across me. I was still extremely tired and just drifted back to sleep and the memory drifted into confusion. When I woke up with a functioning amount of energy the sun was just starting to set.

I hoped I had enough time to do what I had planned. I went to the kitchen to find Mei and other workers cleaning up from dinner. I gathered everything I needed and made what was nessicary, and cleaned up my mess when done. I packed everything into a basket and headed to HQ for the rest. I gathered together a key for Sin, a bottle of whine I had stopped by Reim quickly to get, and a magic cloth. I redress Ed my wounds as the bandages were coated with blood and puss, which made me gag. I changed into a simple white dress and a rose red shall. I messed with my hair, before giving up and leaving it down. I grabbed something I had kept safe all these years, and wouldn't go a day without it crossing my mind. The ring Ezra gave me before she died. I took it out of it's box a slid it into a pocket.

I grabbed everything a flew to the palace, making a pits top on the roof to set everything up. I layer down the blanket, layed the candles, and scattered the flowers. The food, which mainly consisted of snacks were lauded out nicely, waiting to be devoured. I just needed to get the one I wanted to eat it all with. I hopped back onto the flying carpet and hopped Sin was free.

I peaked into the window of his office, expecting to find it empty, instead I found him asleep at his desk, probably a top some paperwork. I rapped my fingers against the glass, causing a sharp sound to startle him awake. He slowly approached the window opening it up for me. "Good morning sleeping beauty," I teased him with a smirk, "attempting some work I see."

"Ady, you could have come through the door," Sin said through a yawn, pointing at the door in the other side if the room.

"But I have something planned, and this is much more romantic," I said matter of factly, "So do you trust me?" I held out my hand to him, skooching to the side to make for room for him on the flying carpet.

Jokingly, he was a put hesitant to take my hand, but after a glare he gladly did. "Anywhere you want to go?" I asked, flying away from the castle.

"Anywhere with you is perfect," he told me, leaning into me.

"No distracting the driver," I hissed at him, "It's dangerous." I gripped onto the edge a bit tighter, trying to stay focused.

"Alright," he laughed at my seriousness, and to lighten the mood mimicked the sitting position I was in.