Chapter 24 - Time Gone By

I've been spending a lot of time at the Palace. It was weird. It started out as Sin asking for dates, to spending time with Aladdin. But I slowly became friends with some of the Generals, and I've been coming over more and more. Sin says it's because I'm in love with him, which I refute. I actually know guards by their first names now.

I following the ruhk, trying to find Sin. Instead I found his office, which had a cltter covered desk. I pulled up two pieces of paper to see it was all paperwork. This entire thing stresses me out. I started going through and sorting it. I was just about done when the door opened. It was Sin getting pushed in by Ja'far. "Ady, what are you doing?" Sin asked, walking over and pulling me away from the stressful mess.

"Organizing," I said, "I out them in three piles, Country, Trading company, and alliance. Then the oldest stuff is in top and gose to the newest stuff." I explained, anxiously eyeing the papers.

"Marry her Sin," Ja'far said, "The sooner the better." The king laughed in joy at this. I laughed in amusement at this statement.

"I plan on it," Sin said with a smirk.

"Well, I also have a say in that," I reminded him, "And if you don't do your work probably I'm gonna move to another country before this one falls apart, and never see you again." Ja'far laughed in amusement at my comment and Sin's dejected look on his face.

"Maybe you should do some paperwork before that happens," Ja'far said, pointing out exactly what I was trying to elude to in my statement. Never have I seen someone so urgently do paperwork. It may not be quality work, but at least he's doing it.

The advisor and I left the King to do his job. "You weren't joking when you said he doesn't do his work," I commented as we closed the door behind us. Ja'far asked me to co e to help motivate Sin to do paper work.

"I'm not one for a sense of humor," the white haired male said, "And thanks for your help, he is stubborn." I hummed in agreement. "We will probably need to think  of a new way to modivate him when you stop playing hard to get."

I sighed. "I've said this time and time again. Sin and I are just friends. He's feelings are one sided," I stressed. I hated saying that to others, and myself.

"Audria, you're face is as easy to read as a book," Ja'far pointed out, "There's this look you get around two people. Those people are Aladdin and Sin. It's a look of pure joy if I've ever seen one. So you may be fooling Sin, but not everyone is as dense as he is." Every thought he's like a brother to me, or that I like girls. All not true, but valid possibilities.

" Can we not talk about this, "I begged slouching and lagging behind. The ex-assassin was ammused by my change of attitude.

He thought for a second before something came to mind. "When we were in Balbadd, during everything that was going on, we came across this girl that continues to puzzle us." It gained my attention, not because I was curious, but because Iit sounded familiar. "She had pink hair, twin swords, and wearing cream colored clothing. Do you happened to know anything about someone like that."

I was a bit shocked. I was doing my best to hide it. I don't know how they would act with the knowledge that I was that girl. "I've never seen a girl with pink hair," I said, not necessarily a lie, but not the truth.

"All right," he accepted it. He questioned my strange wording but other than that he didn't linger on it. I stuck around until dinner where everyone ate together. It was as round as meals at the orphanage. I couldn't help but feel a bit guilty for not being there that much.

Sin must have noticed my sudden change on attitude. "You alright?" he asked me, placing a hand on top of mine.

I shrugged with a grimace on my face. "I sorta feel bad cause I do so little with the orphanage now. When I started it I would cook, clean, and teach the kids, but now I'm barely around." My friend squeezed my hand in reassurance.

"Andy you've done something amazing, you should be happy it can function without, so it will last long after you're gone," he told me, bring my hand up to his lips. I pulled it away before he got a chance to place a kiss on it. He smirk, he wasn't going to get another opportunity and he knew it.

" Hakuryuu seems to be alone, beside having Kaogyoku awkwardly klinging to him," I pointed out, waving my hand in the air.

"I wanted him to get to know Alibaba, but it doesn't look like he's going to do it on his own," Sin sighed, leaning back onto his chair.

"Order it," I shrugged, "He's the kind of kid who follows orders, extremely well in fact. Usually at that age they get rebelous and not listen to a single thing their told. It seems he's the opposite. Blindly follows. Sorta scares me a bit..." I told him, knowing he would want to know that all.

We both just watched the children in silence for a while. They were so careless, like they haven't been stained by the world. They all have drank stains, that will only get harder and harder to hide. We'll be there to help them.

"I'll talk to him," Sin said with a small nod.

"Hey Sin," Pisti yelled for his attention from her spot at the table. "Why is Sindria a combination of your names." He blushed as everyone looked to him. I laughed at his misery. The answer was obvious, but I knew even if I didn't exist it would still be named the same thing.