Chapter 42 - Regrets

"Are you drinking at nine am?" I asked walking into the dinning room. There was already three empty bottles on the table nd a cup on Sin's and Sharrkan's hand.

"No..."the king answered taking a sipping of his cup. I walked up to him glaring at him. He looked up giving me an innocent smile. I really he'd out and took the challis from his hand, and dumped the blood red liquid into the nearest potted plant.

" You have work to do, and being drunk k won't get it done," I told him, grabbing all the bottles that still had wine in them.

"Ady," Sin whined as I walked south of the room. Yam was just beyond the doors and was giggling at what was going on.

I started walking to the kitchen to return the alcohol, and the magician followed. "You make it look so easy," she commented, talking about controlling Sinbad. "True, you've probably been stopping his antics since you were kids..." she corrected her thought.

It was my turn to laugh. "It was actually the other way around," I confessed. I heard her gasp in confusion. "I would jump off of roofs, get onto at least five fights a day, and at some point I was a theif."

"Shouldn't that be in the present tense?" Ja'far asked, coming out of no where. Curse his assassin past and light steps.

"Well as I am currently not doing it, and there are no for sure plans of me doing it in the future, so it has only happened in the past. Thus making my statement grammatically correct," I explained with a slight joking tone in my voice. "Why do I know this stuff?" I asked myself.

"Either way, it's hard to picture Sin as responsible," Yam said, not sure what the two of us were talking about.

"I didn't say he was the responsible one, he just stopped me from killing myself and others, mainly myself," I said, "Like we both did stupid things, but I used to do more stupid things a day than he did, and that number has great decreased, whole I think his has stayed the same..."

"Judging from this," the advisor took a bottle of wine from my arms, "and rhe topic of conversation, Sin was day drinking again."

"With Sharrkan, yes," I answered, "There were already three empty bottles by the time I was there, so it be a safe to say they're day drunk."  The white haired guy groaned at this development.

-¦-

"You're so pretty," Sin said, reaching up to my face, "Not just your face but your brain. It's like your beautiful brain exploded all over your face." I leaned back and slapped his hands out of my face. His head was resting on my lap, and we were sitting out in the gardens.

"I don't get how you got your hands on more wine," I sighed, knowing I'd need to chaperone the drunk king for rest of the day. It wasn't even noon and he was drunk.

"Hello Audria," someone greeted me, I looked to find Dunya walking towards me. "Oh, and Lord Sinbad." The man sat up and hushed me, wiggling his face in my shoulder.

"Don't mind him he's drunk," I regrettably told her, patting the drunk's head. "But I think this is the farthest out I've seen you." She been taking walks around the palace recently, and I sometimes join her.

"Yeah," she heaved, sitting down in the grass next to me. "I don't think I was ready yet, as I'm already tired." She leaned against me to rest, having me be squashed on both sides.

"Mine," Sin growled at the healing woman, and pulled me tighter. I groaned, getting annoyed and brused by his death grip.

"Alright, time for you to go to sleep," I gasped, and reached up and pinched a pressure point in his neck. After a moment of putting pressure he slumped down on the ground with a clank from all the metal on him.

"What did you just do!?" my friend freaked out, fear painted on her face.

"It's a pressure point," I informed her, "Put enough pressure on it and the person gose to sleep. He'll wake up on a couple hours, hopefully slightly sober."

She seemed to have accepted that, and eased back into comfort. "What is your relationship with King Sinbad?" Dunya asked me, "I thought you were his friend, and maybe advisor. But seeing you two interact it is something much closer than that."

"Oh I'm one of his concubines," I joked with a playful smile. She looked at me with a bit of fear, repulsion, and sorrow. I just laughed it off. "I'm joking, we're dating." She sighed in relief at the truth. She rested her head against my shoulder once again.

I leaned my head against hers and ran my hand comfortingly through her hair. "You know we're more alike than it may seem..." I sighed, wanting to get something off my chest that I couldn't bring myself to do around Sin, even if he was asleep with his head in my lap.

"How so?" Dunya questioned with a calm airyness to her voice.

"We are both victims of Al Tharmen , and Princess ripped away from their kingdoms as they were being destroyed..." I tried to put some cheer into it, but it didn't seem to work. Dunya looked up at me but I kept my gaze down at the purple hair sprawled on my lap. " I've only ever been told about where I'm from, as I've lost any memory of it. Thus I can't mourn for it, when I should. I know I should, but I can't." I was completely angry at this one fact, have been for years. "What dose it feel like to know the land you were meant to protect one day is gone and you're never getting it back." I couldn't hold back my tears, and was scared it would wake my sleeping love.

"Oh Audria," Dunya cried, and hugging me, "It is a terrible feeling. Having everyone you know and love ripped from you. Never having somewhere to call home. You never belong. Be happy you don't have those feelings. I'd give them away in a heart beat."

"I guess that's where we're different," I sighed, "I want to know of a place where I once belonged."