Chapter 10 - Ritches to Rags

"So if I'm getting this right," Ja'far obviously looked stressed by the end of all the explaining. "You grew up with Sin, and are that girl from Susan. But Aladdin I you're brother, but you haven't seen him in years, as you're parents don't stay in contact with you?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "That sums it up." I turned to Sin. It was now my time for questions. "Now, what brings the King of Sindria to the degrading king do that is Balbadd?"

Sin opened his mouth to answer my question. Before he could say anything Ja'far slapped his hand over the King's mouth. "That is no concern of yours," Ja'far said, glarring at me. Masrur had a similar look.

"Ja'far," Sin moved the hand, and started speaking in my defense. I guess he still had a place in his heart for me.

"Sin, it's fine," I stopped him. I turned to his two subordinates. "I get it, you just met me, you don't trust me. I hope I can earn that."

"I'm glad you understand that," Ja'far gave me a respectful nod of the head. "Now we have business to discuss, so if you would leave that would be appreciated."

"Of course," I nodded, "I just have one thing to ask of you." They looked at me, puzzled. "Don't put Aladdin in harms way. If any harm is brought to him while he is assiting you, you will have to deal with me." I knew none of them took it as a serious threat, but I was one. I just left the room, on search for Aladdin.

I found him in his room, that he shared with Morgiana. "Hello," I said as I poked my head in, "Am I interupting something?"

"No, miss," Morgiana answered, "You ga come in." I took a step in and closed the door begin me.

"I never got around to sharing my name, did I?" I realized, and let out a little laugh. Morgiana watched me with a somewhat stoic expression. "It's Audria by the way, and no need for Miss or anyrhing like that. Audria is just fine."

"Oneechan, did you really grow up with Mr. Sinbad?" Aladdin asked me from his bed, whwre he sat.

"Yup," I walked over to him, and sat next to him, "I left when we were twelve, but I saw him a few times between then and now." I stroked his hair with my hand. I felt a bit of maternity protection towards him. "Now Aladdin, I'm not staying in the hotel, but I'm still gonna be in Balbadd. I'm staying with a friend. I trust Sin, for you to stay here with him, but if you need to find me the rukh will lead you to me."

"What happens when we leave?" Aladdin asked. I sighed. There were so many variable that could change the answer to that question.

"We'll see when the time comes," I told him with a reassuring smile, "But I'll make sure we stayed in contact. We are the only family we got." Aladdin suddenly hugged me. I hugged him back.

"I should get going before it gets too dark," I told Aladdin, separating our hug. I left the room and found my wya out of the hotel. It was strange, I knee the roof of that building so well, but I was unaware about a single inch within the building.

- • -

I was dressed clad in green, once again. I had on a hooded jacket of varying shades of green, dark green right pants, black boots, and a green scarf covering my face along with the raised hood. On my back I had a bow and sword, on my waist was a quiver of arrows, my metal vessel and a dagger. At that moment I was raiding a Lord's house. I needed to do it quietly, as Sinbad and Masrur were outside. I had tied up anyone who would stand in my way. None were severely injured nor killed. I even demobleized the fat lord without causing any suspicion.

I started hearing a commotion outside. I grabbed a plate of food, and a bottle of milk I had prepared in the kitchen. I made my was to the window, kicked it open, and easily jumped down to the ground. I landed begin the two Sindrians. I silently walked my way to the wan, who and the starving baby. I was trusted by the people, so they let me approach, the yelling that had been happening a moment before and disappeared. I traded the knife from the lady, for the plate of food and bottle I had in my hand. "Thank you," she cried at the sight of the food. She instantly started eating. I took a step back from her, so I could see more of the crowd.

There was a small murmur from the people. "There is plenty of fodd in this house for all of you!" I yelled out over them. I forced my voice to be lower than usual, thinking those ta could recognize it. "There is no one to stand in you way, so there is no reason to harm anyone. Take only what you need and share what there is with others." They all rushed inside.

I turned around to face both of the Sindrians. They both were prepared to fight me. "Why am I your enemy?" I asked, easing my hands, show in I was unarmed. "Did the king of this country tell you that I was bad? A vigilante, perhaps. If helpibg others makes me an enemy of the Great Sinbad, maybe you aren't that great." Those words seemed to effect them. "I greet any punishment towards me that there may be, but we are needed elsewhere." With that I ta into the darkness. I followed the rukh to bring me where I needed to be next. There I saw it, the giant that is the djinn Ugo. I jumped down and started fighting some of the Fog Troop which were just standing around.

I was using the sword on my back. The bluntest sword you would ever find. as it was what I used as a staff. At the time I wasn't using any magic. I was using it as a sword, a knocking people in the joints. Hard enough for it to stop them from fighting, or walking, but nothing that would kill them. I might have nocked a few of them out, but that was a mistake.

"The army's coming!" someone yelled. The Fog Troop got a little anxious. Not a moment later there was a swearing flame all around them, and they disappeared. Leaving myself, my brother, the fanalis girl, and the three Sindrians alone in the courtyard. I was about to dash away, whe. my baby got restricted, and I fell to the ground. I could easily assume it was Ja'far by the triangle blades dangling by my hands.

"At least we caught one of the problems," Ja'far said as he approached. I shifted so I was at least sittibg so I could face all of them. Ja'far only tightened the strings holding me, making it harder to breath and change my voice. I still had to voice something though.

"I am not a problem," I told them, "Yes, I'm not a solution, but I'm not a problem." I looked at them with pleading eyes, the only part of me they could see. Aladdin seemed to be confused. He must have recomized the rukh around me, as we both were loved by the rukh. "I can help you, I know where the Fog Troop's hide out is. I also know who took your metal vessels." That was directly aimed towards Sin. "I could get them back if you want me to." The there Sindrians separated themselves from the children. Ja'far didn't notice that the strings were getting looser, and I slowly slipped out of them.

Morgiana and Aladdin were watching me, but didn't do anything. I lowered the scarf that covered my face, and put a finger to my lips to signal for them to stay quiet. They both went wide eyed and nodded. I ran off, fixing my scarf as I went.