Chapter 26 - What He Thinks

"How's everything going Yamriha?" I asked as Ja'far and I came into her study.

"They are perfectly fine," she answered with a smile, "They were split up in groups of two but they have now reunited. As long as they're water doll is here we know they are alive." We silently watched as the four water dolls ran down the stair case.

"I still think we should have seen if Audria could have gone with them," Ja'far confessed. It had been brought up before the four had been sent to the dungeon. She was am amazing swordswoman and an experienced magician. It would have helped them in a long run to have her with them. But when we went to ask her for her assistance, she was no where to be found, even her friends were unsure of where she was at.

"Have we still heard no word of her whereabouts?" I asked them with a dejected sigh. Her friends said it wasn't strange for her to just leave without saying anything, and there was nothing to worry about. But not knowing where she was gave me so much to worry about. Even when Yam tried location her magoi to try and locate her she couldn't.

"No, but there has been something I've been meaning to tell you," Yam said, with a bit of a nervous smile. "You know that day she left her clothes here?" It was the night of the festival, then when she came to get them the next day she fought Sharrkan and won. "Well I felt this weird felling coming from her things, so during the fight I ran some simple tests on them. Every article of clothing she usually wears is a magical tool. I couldn't determine their purposes in the time I had, but it's strange for anyone to commonly have that many, let alone wear them everyday."

I sighed, leaning my hands against the table. She told me she had learned how to make magical tools, so the amount she had didn't surprise me, but always having them on her confused and worried me." What are you hiding this time Ady? " I asked myself, wanting to know what problem she was taking on this time on her own. I was reminded of how she didn't tell me that she was abandoned by her parents, or how she would fight the people making fun of us without letting me on, or the many injuries I had treated at the well.

"What are you talking about Sin?" Ja'far asked, worried about what I knew. I had no idea how he was inturpting my actions.

I sighed, confused by all of this. Confused by the woman who has a torturous grip on my heart . "Well always having that many magical tolls on you, would mean they are always prepared for something to happen, and Ady has a tendency to take on any problem on her own, keeping it from anyone.

" It can't be that bad can it, if it was something that bad she'd tell someone," Yam denied, trying to defend he renew found friend.

"When she was five she was abandoned by her parents, and basically took care of herself for months," I told them, "I hadn't known about that until we were eleven and my mom told me about it." It felt wrong sharing part of her past without her knowledge. I knew she would get angry at me, and you never want her angry.

"Well-hhhgg," Yam was about to say something before she gaged in pain. The water dolls fell into the pool below. "The barrier, I can't hold it much longer," she grit through the pain. The purple gem sparked with lightning before it combusted.

- ~ -

There in the courtyard we all gazed to the sky watching Judar fight a cloaked figure. Upon inspection I recognized it as Ady. It wasn't a cloak but her red robes. And falling from the hood was long blue strands of hair that could get lost in the sky. Both looked to be evenly matched. The black magi's hair was falling out of place. There was scrapes against his blood lightly leaking blood. His clothing had scraps falling off, while Ady's robes was in tatters.

Their voices floated down to us to hear, unable to properly figure out the words they were saying. They both flew down to the ground, the one in red following the black. Ady stood guard between myself and Judar as we spoke, eyeing the fire ball she created in her hand. I glanced by her feet to see a small pool of blood slowly dripping larger.

As Judar flew off the looked to be following. "Audria, maybe you should get your wounds healed before you go off," I stopped her from going. She froze in a slouched position. All three of the Generals gasped as if it wasn't obvious who it was.

She slowly took down her hood and turned to face us. She had a gash on her cheek, her braids were unraveling, and there was blood dripping down her right hand from her forearm. Other than that she looked to be completely fine. Another dramatic gasp came from my friends. "I'm fine, I've been through worse," she laughed with a forced smile. "Like this is literally just a reopened wound." She held up her left arm. I saw a deep gash covering most of her arm, it was hard to tell what pattern it was in, as there was so much blood.

"That's a lot of blood," Spartos pointed out. Everyone was silently agreeing with the statement. She looked down at her arm, upon the sight of all the blood her face became five shades lighter.

"Yeah," she sighed in forced confidence, "I should take care of this." She took a step forward and that was when I noticed her limp. Looking at her leg her knee had a large gash near it back of it. She shouldn't be walking on that. I sighed and step forward before lifting her up into my arms. "I can walk," she pouted. I didn't listen to any of her fully thought out complaints and just took her to the infermary.