Chapter 18 - Jealousy

I threw my head back and covered my face with my eyes. "So your saying there are children going missing, and the last place they have been seen were around our ships, and crew." I summarized our entire conversation in that one sentence.

"Yes, I am more than capable of rooting out the problem, I just don't have the proper authority without your approval," He said. "It's tiresome that we need to be known to be speaking face to face when we can just speak through a crystal ball."

"I know it's tiring, but it's needed to keep Atiyah's Rift a secret," I nodded.

"There is also plenty of paper work for you to do," he informed me, pulling up a stack of papers from his bag, "I would have mailed them, but I was already on my way." I shrugged it off, throwing the pile of papers into the ever growing pile of paper work I needed to do.

"It's fine, I have all this I need to do," I sighed, "I was going to do it last night, but I was as a bit held up."

"Well we'll leave you to your work," Kanso said, pulling Yukino out of my office in the orphanage. It was probably due to them knowing how stressed did would get if work wasn't done on time.

"But didn't you have something going about AR you wanted to tell me?" I asked Yukino before when could get too far.

"It can wait," he shrugged sit off with an troubled smile trying hard not to be a troubled smile. I sighed, knowing I needed to get my work done before he would tell me. "Hey, Kansi wait for me." He would also want to spend time with his lover.

I started pulling papers from the pile and reading them over. I wasn't even half way through when there was a distracting noise from outside. I kept over to the door, holding my ear up against it. " Your Highness, she has a lot of paper work to do, and prefers to not be disturbed when she's working," I heard Mei plead with someone.

"I just want to talk with her quickly," said a voice I never expected to be under this roof. I pulled open the door, having Mei fall back into me. I caught her and stopped both of us from falling. I peaked around my blond haired friend to see the idiot king standing there with a cheeky grin.

" The hell Sin?" I sighed to myself.  "What do you want?" I asked, letting Mei go back to do her job of teaching the children.

"I wanted to talk, is it wrong that I want to talk to a friend?" he asked with a cheeky smile. He was up to something, and I didn't want to figure out what.

"Well I'm working," I told him, and tried to shut the door in his face. I walked back to my desk when I knew Sin was following me in. I groaned and sat down in my chair, trying to work, and not get distracted from him looking around my office. "Can you stop, it's distracting," I hissed at him.

"You don't have a lot in here," he commented. What was he expecting a lavish office with shelves of useless trinkets and books I will never read.

"It's an office Sin," I scolded him, "Meant for work, not play." He came and crouched down in front of my desk, trying his hardest to get in my feild of vision.

"I guess I use mine wrong," I cringed at his playful comment. I refused to even reaspond to his childish remark. "So who were those two guy you were with at the docks earlier. One came off the Kou ship if I am not mistaken." He seems to have some malace in the voice. I continued to try and ignore him. I've gotten good at that from living with a bunch of kids.

"You seem to be pretty close to both of them, falling asleep on one, and having the other one carry you," his malace just became more prominent. "They say I'm terrible for sleeping with so many women, but you're even worse than me." He finally got the attention he wanted, mine.

"Sinbad," I sighed, setting down the quill I was using. "I am not in a relationship like that with either of them. They are my friends and coworkers. They were taking care of me because I stayed up all four last night and was close to passing out from exhaustion. So you getting jealous is completely pointless." I turned my attention back to my work.

Even me full on snapping at him didn't get him to leave. I could sense him moving about the room again. The royal stopped next to me pulling the pen out of my hand, staining it with a bit of ink. He grabbed my hands and pulled me out of the chair. "Audria, will you go on a date with me?" he asked, looking my straight in the eyes. He was pleading. I wanted so bad to hug him and tell him everything is alright, but I can't.

"I gotta work, and I got a lot of it," I said an excuse, looking down at my apartment covered desk.

"We can do it," a voice said from the open door way. I looked to find three of my friends there, peaking around the doorway. "We've mastered your signature by now," Yukino explained.

"Not to mention know what exactly you would and would not do," Mei added with a soft smile. "And we don't really need your help around here, we've got it covered." She was referring to the other employees there were. There wasn't just the AR involved in these businesses.

Sim looked excitedly between me and my friends. I ooneed my mouth to refute something." I get you changed, but let me learn about those changes, "he pleaded, he still had my hands in his.

I got lost on thought. There was no way a a single date could effect anything in our relationship."Fine," I sighed, agreeing to this date.