Chapter 26

After less than a week of my son being confined in that private hospital, he's now finally discharged.

Sa loob ng mga araw na iyon ay hindi kami iniwan ni Cole. Hanggang ngayon na lilipat kami sa Royal Village kung saan mayroon daw siyang bahay, ay kasama namin siya.

Hindi na rin bumisita si Loren sa kuwarto ni Cohen. Palagi nang si Dra. Iran ang uma-attend at nagche-check sa anak ko-which is tama lang dahil siya naman ang doktor ni Cohen. Pero mayroon pa rin sa aking nadi-dismaya sa tuwing magkakasalubong kami at ni hindi man lang niya ako tatapunan ng tingin.

Sa totoo lang, malayo ito sa in-expect kong magiging reaksiyon niya kapag nagkita kami. I really thought he'd lash out on me or at least ask me why did I left him for Ella's lies. Why didn't I stayed when he was begging me to. Why didn't I listened to him when he was repeatedly saying sorry and why didn't I believed in him when he said we'll figure things out. Why.. did I not chose not to understand him?

My lips trembled as I remembered how he was crying on my shoulders while hugging me from behind. Moments of us inside his room before I left him came replaying in my mind. It's such a curse that I couldn't seem to revoke.

Since then, I hated looking at the sky at night. I hated seeing stars whenever I look up at night. I hated every inch of those sparkling lights above.. because I knew that I was the reason why they were so far now. They were once in front of me. They were served and made only for me. But now.. they seem so high and expensive that I could never afford. I couldn't even touch them.

"Liko mo diyan."

I gulped and made a turn to the left side of the road when Cole instructed me to. There's this highly secured village which was named 'Royal Village' that looks expensive and private.

The gate didn't opened so I stopped my car near the guards station and opened my window. Two securities were walking towards my car, holding a walkie talkie-like device and a bat each.

"Good morning, ma'am, bibisita po kayo?"

I shut my mouth and let Cole- who's sitting on the front seat, answer them.

"Sandoval's," he remarked and handed them a black and gold card which I haven't seen before and to my shock, the guard didn't even touched it. They just took a glance at it and then nodded before smiling shyly at us.

"Naku, pasensiya na po, sir. Sige po, pasok na po kayo.."

Cole just nodded and slid back his card inside his folding wallet and I was left speechless with what just happened. Is he.. that rich? But I knew him since high school, we're both broke.

Well, I think he's been saving for himself since then, and now that he's a lawyer might did something about it. I just shrugged my shoulders and eyed my son through the rear view mirror. He's sitting at the back seat with seat belt on and his shoulder immobilizer. He's just looking directly at the road with his mouth tightly closed. So prim.

The gate opened and Cole continued to gesture the direction until we arrived at a simple but modern and classy looking two storey house. It was so cool and manly like. Halatang lalaki talaga ang may ari. I was still in awe of appreciating the details of the exteriors when Cole tapped my shoulder and told me to get Cohen.

"Pumasok na kayo, heto ang susi. Kukunin ko lang ang mga gamit niyo sa trunk."

He handed me the key and turned his back to saunter towards my car. I opened the large door and went inside while holding Cohen's free arm.