Chapter 18

The feeling of dizziness that had seemed to fade away hit again as Fawkes carried us up the pipes, back to the castle. My head was spinning, and my ankle felt like it had been shattered into two million pieces. Basically, everything hurt.

It didn't help that it was a rather harsh landing onto the bathroom floor. I groaned, the world around me spinning.

"Don't worry, Lily, you'll be okay in no time," Harry comforted me as Ron picked me up once again. I really wished that I could walk, but my ankle might have just snapped in half if I did.

"Me? I'm completely fine. Worry about getting Ginny and yourself to safety," I smiled, feeling very faint.

Before we left the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of myself in one of the dirty mirrors. My red hair was tangled, and full of dirt and slime. My normally vibrant green eyes were duller, and there were scrapes among my whole body. Blood and slime soaked my robes.

I couldn't see straight as I was carried down the hallway. It felt like Ron was running a million miles per hour, but it probably wasn't even that fast. I was almost certain that I had a concussion. I wasn't very worried about it, though. I just wanted to get Ginny to safety.

I felt my eyelids drooping, but I wasn't tired. It felt like I was almost too weak to even hold them open. I let them droop down a bit, because everything was a blur anyways.

I felt us come to a stop, and could faintly hear knocking, before a door opened. I heard gasps from all around the room. I pretty much couldn't see anything, which sucked. I was honestly just grateful to be alive, I actually thought I was going to die down in the Chamber.

"Oh my- Ginny, oh Ginny, you're safe!" I heard Mrs. Weasley sob. I couldn't really see what was happening, but I could hear. "Ron, oh my goodness- Ron, I was so worried about you- Harry, Lily, how could I ever repay you? You saved my daughter! Oh I'm so glad you two are okay!"

Mrs. Weasley was sobbing loudly, but it sounded slightly distorted. In the background, I could hear more people crying. My eyelids were now completely shut, but I was still awake. I felt myself get handed to someone who was shaking.

Everything sounded so distant and echoey. All I could pick up was Mrs. Weasley's sobs.

"Ron, I-I'm so glad you're okay, you were so brave," Mrs. Weasley sobbed. "Harry, Lily, t-thank you so much, how will I ever repay you? I am just so glad you two are alright-"

That's when I assumed she saw me. She stopped, and then began sobbing even harder.

"Oh, Lily!" Mrs. Weasley shrieked. "She needs Madam Pomfrey, look at her! The poor girl, someone help her! She is barely awake!"

I felt a few wet tears fall on my forehead, and I slowly forced my eyes open, wanting to know who Ron had given me to. I mean, they were crying, and I knew it couldn't be Harry, because I would've just known.

Ignoring everyone bombarding Harry with questions, and Dumbledore quietly talking with McGonagall, I opened my eyes, and as the world came slightly into focus, I looked up.

"Fred?" I murmured. His tear filled eyes lit up, and he cracked the famous smile I was hoping to see.

"You really need to stop getting yourself into so much danger," he said quietly. I laughed a bit, like that was ever gonna happen. "I'm serious! I thought I was gonna lose you."

"Like you're one to talk," I murmured.

He laughed a bit, but the upset expression quickly returned.

I felt my heart break a little bit for making him so upset. Fred was usually not the one to take things so seriously, I guess that was why we got along so well. We had been friends for two years now, and had only just begun to become something more, but I somehow felt connected to him.