Chapter 31

The days were passing by, and Quirrell still hadn't cracked yet. Though he did seem to be getting slimmer and paler every day.

Whenever Olivia, Ron, Harry, Ava, Hermione and I passed by the room the dog was in, we would press our ears against the door, attempting to hear something.

Ron had been sticking up for Quirrell lately. He tried to tell people off for making fun of Quirrell's stutter, which always ended up in a pointless argument.

We all sat in the common room, doing our own things. Hermione was studying like mad, (as usual) Ron and Harry were deeply engaged in a game of Wizards Chess, Olivia was annoying Ava, (big surprise) Ava was ignoring Olivia, and playing with her dog, and I was just sitting there, deciding who was going to be my next victim to annoy out of boredom.

Olivia got fed up with Ava ignoring her, and randomly started tackling Ava. She fake screamed, and when Olivia didn't get off, Ava bit her.

I started dying of laughter.

"OUCH AVA!" Olivia screamed, getting off of Ava, and holding her hand, as if she were severely injured.

Hermione scowled, rolling her eyes.

"Exams are only ten weeks away! If you don't start studying soon, you're BOUND to get an Exceeds Expectations!" Hermione said.

I looked up, trying to figure out what Exceeds Expectations meant.

"You're crazy, woman!" I said.

"I'm not crazy, I'm prepared! So far I have the highest grade possible in every class, which you probably don't, because you're not putting forth maximum effort!" Hermione said, a little bit boastfully. She was Hermione, after all.

"Yeah, about that, I'm kind of not doing so well in Herbology," I said. "Not cause I'm dumb, I just talk so much that I don't do my work-"

"LILY!"

"Gotta go, uh, brush my hair! Bye!" I quickly grabbed my stuff and ran upstairs.

**********

I was making my way to dinner, alone. Which was probably not the best idea, considering that... well you know what I meant. My life was hectic.

Olivia and Hermione left awhile ago, complaining and ranting that I said I'd get up every minute for the past ten minutes, but never actually did it.

And who knows where Ava went? I mean, she WAS Ava.

I smiled a bit, thinking about my friends, I continued strolling down the hallways that I had once found myself lost in.

All of a sudden, I turned a corner, and slowed down suspiciously. This couldn't be happening, it would be the worst. Nope, it was worse than the worst. Ava had hugged Harry, and his face had gone bright pink.

"Ava, Harry!" I exclaimed. "What is going on here? Are you crushing on each other or something? You know what, I don't care, leaving now, bye!"

I spun around, and went in the opposite direction so quick that I couldn't even see their reactions.

"Wait!" Ava called, jogging up to me and linking my arm through hers. I gave her a disgusted look, and I couldn't help but be nosy.

"Can you explain to me what just happened? I mean, hugging isn't a big deal at all, but Harry was blushing pretty bad, and I've been seeing signs for weeks but ignored them. Why was Harry blushing like that? I mean, that was the most disturbing thing I've seen since Vernon entering the hotdog eating contest... memories..." I mumbled the last part, shaking my head, as if it would erase the memory.