Chapter 5

It was the first day of classes, and I honestly didn't even want to wake up. I had gotten used to being able to sleep in over the summer.

I threw on my robes, brushed my hair, decided to turn it light brown to match Ava's, and skipped down the stairs, meeting Harry. He wasn't mad at me for screaming at him, he knew he deserved it, going off on an adventure without me! Ron, on the other hand, liked to hold grudges, because he could be a complete butt. Hmph.

"Hey," I said.

Harry responded back with a small "Hello." I could tell he hadn't slept much last night, but I don't think it was particularly because he had flown the car. It was because he was scared he disappointed Mrs. Weasley and Professor Dumbledore and everyone else. Yep, I knew my brother. When he didn't get any sleep, his hair was even messier than usual, and he had these gigantic bags under his eyes,

We met our friends in the Great Hall, except I didn't wanna sit next to Ron because he wouldn't talk to me. I sat next to Ava and Ginny. Ava and I still didn't look anything alike, even though I made my hair like hers.

"Oh no," Ron groaned, looking up. I looked where he looked, and saw his owl flying in with a red envelope. My eyes widened, and I jumped up from the table, backing up.

"Open it, or it will just be worse," Neville said. "I got one from my grandmum once, and didn't open it. It was terrible."

"But-" Ron started.

"Just open it, Ronald," Hermione hissed, shoving it in his hand. Ron gulped, but then tore it open.

"STEALING THE CAR, DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TROUBLE IT GAVE US WHEN WE WENT TO LOOK FOR THAT CAR? YOUR FATHER IS FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK BECAUSE OF YOU! THEY SHOULD HAVE EXPELLED YOU, RONALD WEASLEY! I NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE LIKE THIS WITH PERCY OR BILL OR CHARLIE! MERLIN, FRED AND GEORGE HAVEN'T EVEN DONE SOMETHING THIS EXTREME. YOU'RE LUCKY I'M NOT PULLING YOU OUT OF SCHOOL!" Mrs. Weasley's voice sounded terrifying, and Ron looked like he was ready to croak. "By the way, Ginny dear, we're very proud of you for being in Gryffindor."

Ginny's face turned bright red, and the envelope burst into ashes.

People either laughed, or were silent. Then, everybody went back to what they were doing.

"Do you still think me yelling at you was bad?" I snickered, sitting back down. Ron glared at me, but didn't say anything. I rolled my eyes.

Professor McGonangall started passing out time tables, and I looked down at mine to see double Herbology first. Great, I sucked at Herbology.

In class, Professor Sprout was talking about Mandrakes, and we were planting them, but I couldn't exactly focus. In the beginning of class, my scar burned only a little, and I swore I heard hissing. I thought I was going crazy.

"Lily, you just knocked over your pot," Olivia hissed, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I jumped, picking it up and putting the dirt back inside. I went back to being spaced out. Last year when my scar hurt, it was because Voldemort was near. What if he was near again? It couldn't be. Okay Lily, focus on Herbology. If I lived until after seventh year, I was gonna need a job, meaning I better start getting into the habit of getting good grades. Hermione got all E's on her first year exams, and I literally got only a few.

"What is wrong with you?" Ava said, snapping her fingers in front of my face. I jumped, falling over.

"What?" I said, getting up.

"You were completely spaced out the whole class. What does that brain of yours think up?" Ava said. I then noticed that everyone else had left except for Ava and I. "Come on, we have fifteen minutes until Transfiguration, and I'd like to get back to the castle to wash up a bit, because if you haven't noticed, we're covered in dirt."