Chapter 9

A few days had passed since the incident with Ms. Norris. Almost everyone in the school was keeping their distance from my friend group and I. I guess it was my fault we were too perfect for them. Just kidding, they were scared.

Madam Pomfrey had come looking for me after I went missing because of the weird voice I had heard. I hadn't really heard anything since the incident, but I could have sworn that there was some sort of abnormal hissing.

I walked through the doors to the Great Hall, with Ava by my side. We were running late to breakfast, and Harry, Olivia, Ron, and Hermione were already sitting in their normal spots. Except, they all looked like they were going to die or something. Meaning, they all looked so tired.

"Hey, friends! What's poppin'?" I said in my obnoxious American accent.

I knew they were all tired, which is why I did it. I heard several people tell me to shut up. I rolled my eyes, taking my seat in between Harry and Ava as usual.

I noticed a ton of people moving to sit as far as possible away from my friends and I.

"Guys, really? We didn't do it! Get over it!" Ava yelled. I snickered.

"Great job, bozo, now they hate us more!" Ron said.

I leaned over the table, flicking his head. He scowled, swatting my hand away. Meanwhile, Hermione had her nose buried in a book, trying to find information about the Chamber of Secrets. Olivia was using Ron as a pillow, Ron was staring at nothing, and Ava was... gone? Meh, she was most likely doing something she wasn't supposed to. No biggie.

I turned to Harry, bored

"So, how is your- HARRY!" I exclaimed, stopping his head from falling into his plate of breakfast as he randomly fell asleep.

"YES? WHAT? I'm awake!" Harry yelled, jumping.

"Okay, what's going on? Why is everyone so tired?" I said, annoyed with the lack of excitement from my friends.

"If you haven't noticed, we have all been staying up late doing our homework, while you don't even try finishing it!" Hermione said, not looking up from her book. I sighed. It wasn't my fault I needed my beauty sleep!

I grabbed my things, and headed over to where Ginny, Fred, and George were seated.

"Please tell me you guys aren't exhausted like my other boring friends," I said, slamming my books onto the table.

"Don't worry, we aren't," Fred and George said in unison.

"Good," I said quickly, before grabbing some food. They turned to talk to their other friends, so I did the same, and was about to begin talking to Ginny when I noticed she was writing something in a diary.

"What's the diary for, gushing about Harry?" I smirked jokingly, trying to grab it.

"NO!" Ginny shrieked, and karate chopped my arm, pulling the diary back like her life depended on it.

"JEEZ WOMAN! I didn't know what you wrote about Harry was so personal!"

"Why don't you just leave me alone? Everyone has been all over me about my diary lately. It's JUST A DIARY!" Ginny shouted, getting up and stomping out of the Great Hall. By then, everyone was looking at me.

"I didn't do anything! Go back to stuffing your faces," I scoffed, feeling a little hurt. Ginny had never exploded like that before, not even to Ron. Well, maybe that wasn't true, but still! What was her problem?