Chapter 6

After dinner, I decided that I would meet my roommates, because why not?

So, I skipped up to where the prefect told me the girls dormitories were. I guessed that mine was the the first one.

I shoved the door open.

"Hey, people!" I exclaimed.

Two girls were whispering in the corner, occasionally giggling and such. One had brown skin and beautiful, dark, long, sleek hair. The other had curly, light brown hair, and was staring at me.

How did THEY get into Gyriffindor? Okay, that was kinda mean. I didn't even know them. I guess I was a little judgey sometimes.

"Hi, I'm Lillian Potter, but you can call me Lily!" I exclaimed, setting my trunk at the foot of my bed. The two girls in the corner snickered and kept whispering.

"Well, no need to be a meanie..." I mumbled jokingly, mostly to myself.

A girl with light brown, straight hair and crystal blue eyes walked up to me. She was one of the girls that everybody had whispered about during the sorting.

"Hi, I'm Ava Black, and I'm really craving ice cream," she said.

I thought that we would be good friends based off of that one sentence.

"Ooooo, I love ice cream too," I replied excitedly.

"Oh, and that's my lame cousin Olivia," Ava said, pointing at the girl who was on her bed. She was unpacking her trunk.

"Hi, sorry I didn't say hello. I was trying to block out those two in the corner," the girl said with a roll of her eyes.

She seemed nice. She had long, very dark, curly hair and identical blue eyes to Ava.

"It's fine. I understand, all they're doing is gossiping," I whispered.

There was another girl laying on her bed, with her face in her pillow, and a book at the foot of her bed.

"Is she sleeping?" I asked quietly.

"No, I actually think she's crying. Lavender and Parvati were talking bad about her, apparently for being a know it all," Ava said, glancing in the direction of the two girls.

Anger bubbled up inside of me.

"Woah, Lily, your hair is dark red...." Olivia commented.

"Yeah... It does that when I'm mad," I replied quickly, not really thinking that much about what I said, before heading over to where the other girl was. From what I could see, she had bushy brown hair.

I thought that nobody deserved to be treated badly for no reason.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She looked up from her pillow. Her eyes were slightly red from crying.

"Yes- of course I am," she said, wiping her eyes.

"No you're not..." I said, waiting for the real answer.

A few seconds passed.

"No..." she finally said.

I sat on the end of her bed.

"Don't listen to what they say. They're just jealous," I said.

She smiled a bit and sat up.

"I'm Lily, by the way," I told her.

"I'm Hermione Granger," she said. "I guess I was a bit dramatic- it's just, I'm a Muggleborn, and this is all so new to me. Of course, I've done as much research as possible, but this is all crazy."

"Oh, it's crazy to me too," I laughed. "Insane, actually. What's a Muggleborn, though?"

"It means that I was born from Muggle parents," Hermione explained. "Neither of them are a witch or wizard."

"Oh, that's cool! So you like reading, huh?" I said, glancing at the book she had been reading.

"Like is an understatement. I love reading," she said. "I'm reading a book called The Outsiders, it's a Muggle book- you grew up in the Muggle world too, right? Oh- not to be creepy or anything, sorry-"

"No, it's okay, but everyone here seems to know a lot about me," I said. "Honestly, it's like they know more about me than I do..."

"Well, everyone knows you," Hermione told me. "You're in nearly every history book."

I raised my eyebrows. This was all so crazy to me.

"Really?" I asked in awe.

She nodded.

"Well, I'm really tired, I'm gonna go to sleep," I said, plopping onto my bed. "Night, people!"

**********

Something soft hit me in the head.

"Ugh, who was that?" I groaned, not getting up. Someone would have to make me, first day of school or not.

"It was Olivia!" Ava said quickly. I immediately knew it was Ava.

"WAS NOT!" Olivia said.

"Was," Ava said.

"Wasn't."

"Was."

"Wasn't"

"Was."

"Was."

"Wasn- HEY!"

Ava laughed evilly.

"I hate you," Olivia groaned.

"Love you too, COUSIN!" Ava exclaimed.

"It's too early for this!" I complained jokingly. I refused to open my eyes.

"Get out of bed, Lily!"

"Make me," I shouted at whoever said that.

"Fine..." Olivia said in some unidentified, strange accent.

A hand grabbed my ankle and pulled. I started fake crying on the spot.

Olivia quickly let go and looked at me.

"Did I hurt you?" she asked, looking scared.

"No! It's not that! I just miss my brother!" I sniffled.

Hehe. I was a great faker.

"It's only been one night. You two must be really close, if you're crying," Ava said, handing me a tissue.

"Oh yeah, forgot to tell you, I was faking it," I grinned cheekily.

"Hey, not funny!" Ava laughed.

I laughed evilly. Revenge was nice.