Chapter 18

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!" I threw a pillow at each of my best friends. It was our wake up call.

"Hermione, we're on break!" Ava groaned.

"I'm not Hermione," I smirked.

"LILY? Usually you're the last up! What time is it?" Ava asked, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Five-thirty in the morning," I smiled sweetly, batting my eyelashes.

"UGH!" Olivia groaned.

"It's Christmas Eve! Wake up!" I insisted.

"Fine," Ava groaned, and then dragged herself out of bed.

"Mione, wake up!" I exclaimed.

After everybody had decided to be lazy and just brush their hair and walk out with their pajamas on, Ava, Olivia, Hermione and I walked out into the common room, which was empty since it was so early and I was pretty sure we were the only Gryffindors that stayed.

"So, where to?" Ava questioned.

"The Great Hall. I have a surprise for everybody," I grinned evilly, rubbing my hands together.

"WELL, LET'S GO THEN! There might actually be bacon! Everyone always eat it all!" Olivia cheered, running through the portrait.

I snorted a little. Fine, maybe a lot.

"WHERE ARE WE GOING? TO THE GREAT HALL! WHERE ARE WE GOING? TO THE GREAT HALL!" I sang, skipping out after her.

"Dora? Seriously?" Hermione laughed.

"Who's Dora?" Ava asked.

Hermione and I both gasped over dramatically.

"YOU DON'T KNOW THE LEGENDARY DORA? She saved the muggle world!" Hermione lied. I knew what she was doing. Ava was totally going to bring it up, and Harry was going to laugh hysterically at her.

"I grew up in the wizarding world though! I wouldn't know!" Ava whined.

"Well, now you do," I said.

We talked about random stuff for awhile until we arrived at the Great Hall. It took about five minutes, as Hogwarts was so large.

"We did it, we did it, yeah!" Hermione and I chorused, doing the weird little dance that goes with the song.

Ava and Olivia looked at us weirdly again, but Hermione and I just laughed.

I pushed the double doors to the Great Hall open, and took in the empty room. I'd never been in there when it was empty, and it felt like some sort of altered reality, to be honest.

"Yes!" Ava grinned widely.

"It's only five-thirty! Dumbledore usually comes at six," I said evilly, checking my watch.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Olivia said mischievously.

"We are going to sit down!" Hermione said, heading towards the Gryffindor table. "We're not getting in trouble."