"Peace offering, Bunny," he said handing them to me and using the childhood nickname that he loved to call me. "I'm sorry about what happened. I must say I was a little taken back when I saw initially saw Corbin, but, than i saw that look between the two of you that I know so well. I share that look eveyday with your mother. Even when she drives me crazy."

We both laughed at that, but, I planned on storing it away for black mail later.

"I knew it was going to be like that Dad. I've been so nervous about bringing him because of this reason. I don't want my brothers to view me as a traitor. I've been raised with five strong black men in my life and I'm destined to love a white man. How ironic," I told my Dad.

"Does it matter what color he is, honey? I saw your face when he pulled away you looked as though you were going to break down," he said patting my head.

"Yea I'm hurt, but, he broke Darren's nose. Thats unacceptable thats my brother," I replied.

"So! Your brother got what he deserved he direspected another man. I dont understand how he expected anything less,"he stated with a shake of his head. "Call Corbin, Bunny."

He got up and walked out of the door leaving me to wonder; How in the hell was I going to do that when I had his broken phone in my hands.

 I fell asleep on the bed for a few hours, exhausted from jetlag and to many confrational situations in one day, waking  up a couple hours later to the wonderful smell of my mother's cooking. My rumbling stomach and watering mouth made me jump up and head for the smell. Walking out of my room I begin to unravel the delicious smells; pot roast and potatoes. My absolute favorite! When I'm in Michigan I try to eat healthy but when I come to my parent's house I go on a severe binge for soul food.

 Continuing down the stairs into the hallway I look up to see a huge picture that almost reaches from the floor to the celing of us when I was about five years old with pig tails and a small gap between my front teeth. I couldn't help but giggle at the look of disgust on Michael's face because he had to wear the same brown turtle neck as the boys and our daddy. He told my mom that he looked like a little girl and he was a grown man, grown men didn't wear turtle necks. Kids!

As I get closer to the kitchen I could hear a few hushed voices.

"Why did you guys have to go and disrespect Corbin like that," I heard my mother ask.

"He disrespected us by coming here with our sister. Talking about being her man, what did he really expect," I heard Darren replying.

"Well if she brought him here she must like him, right," I recognized the voice of my second oldest brother Michael.

"She doesn't know what she likes. You know that those white men know how to get into your head and manipulate to get what they want," Emeka said matter-of-factly.

"Exactly we all know that she can be gullible at times. This is is just another time where we have to take the reigns and lead her in the right direction," Darren replied.

Who they hell were they leading, a donkey with a damn carrot held out in from of him to make him move?

"Tati would kill you if she heard you talking about her like that. You know she is very headstrong and prides herself on being able to take care of her business. That's the way Mom and Dad raised her to be, along with us might I add," spoke my favorite brother Keith.

"Well this is different!! Men are totally different than making sure you pay your rent on time. They're sneaky, immature,  and full of games thats why she needs us to intervene," the words of my idiotic brother Darren.