répétition en blanc || mm

she always ran around with that broken flower crown on her head.

the flowers were wilting and falling off, but it kept that giddy smile on her face and that's all he had cared for.

link always welcomed the girly laughter of his friend, [y/n]. a young girl suited with a simple dress the color of [f/c], and with hair that was always loose.
she was a cute kid that reached his age, and completely oblivious to the moon falling directly onto clock town.

whenever link could sneak a chance, he would talk to her. he would speak about his adventures outside of clock town, and sometimes about the princess in a land named hyrule.

[y/n] would tentatively listen, her eyes flickering with intrigue and attentiveness; it was something link liked about her.

at times, when the clock reached the third day, he would go to her. link wanted [y/n] to be the last thing he saw before the moon crashed on clock town, and before he would have to start his journey again.

when link began again, she would be the first person he would find. [y/n] would always be close to kafei's house: playing with the flowers available to construct her crown.

it would always be the same pattern of flowers:
dandelion, tulip, daisy.

it stuck with him after a few retries.

as of now, the days went by and link failed to complete the journey in the allotted time once more.

the ground shook as he ran his way towards his lovely friend, his eyes slightly watery despite this not being the first time.

he had found her confused in the middle of the town center, a daisy falling off of her crown.
[y/n] looked towards his direction, her eyes lighting up as she ran towards him.

"link? what's happening? why is the ground shaking?..."

link couldn't help but look at her with sad eyes, gently pulling her hand and embracing her in a hug.

"i'm so sorry, [y/n]...i keep failing you-"

[y/n] smiled, looking up at him with her childish eyes.

"haha, what are you talking about?..you've never failed me, link.."

she kindly returned his hug, her hands wrapped around his waist. link closed his eyes tightly, his hands gripping her dress.

" i love you, link!.. "

link's eyes widened.

[y/n] had never said that in any of the past attempts.

link daringly opened his mouth.

"i love-"

the moon crashed upon them, sending harsh winds and an inferno of fire among clock town.

no one could've survived a hit that wildly strong.

but as expected for: the hero was to repeat the journey once more.

except this time, link didn't open his eyes.

the lamented hero would never see hyrule or [y/n]'s crown again.

000
WORD COUNT: 475