memories of hilarity || st

"we've become the clingy couple that you used to complain about."

"oh, hush. i like being like this, and i know you do too."

he softly ran his hands through her hair, enjoying the comfortable breeze coming from the momentum of the train.

[y/n] laughed, swinging one of her legs off of the train cart. her head laid on his lap comfortably.

all in all, she enjoyed the feeling of his fingers on her scalp. it was calming.

"you're right. i do like being like this. i remember when we were kids you would always play with my hair."

link sighed, a pretty smile gracing his features.
he remembered the journey he had with princess zelda and [y/n].

it was wild having to of had retrieved back the princess's body- but their experience as a trio was fun anyway.

but he had known [y/n] for much longer.
they were childhood friends.
whenever link wasn't training to become a train conductor, he'd sneak away to play with the girl he 'oh-so much liked.'

[y/n] turned her head towards him- showing off her pearly whites with a childish grin.

"do you remember when you confessed me? it was so funny..."

link suddenly groaned in embarrassment, moving his hands away from her hair to cover his blushing face.

"oh goddesses, don't remind me. it was awkward. i can't believe the postman hand-delivered my love-letter to your father instead of you. i still think he dislikes me for that."

the pretty female laughed, the corner of her eyes wrinkling.

"oh, stop it. he likes you! that was three years ago- i'm sure he'd be over it. besides, you made it up to me when you actually gave me the letter yourself."

[y/n] sighed dreamily, placing her hand to her heart.

"it was so cute. you even sprayed it with your cologne so it would smell like you.."

link closed his eyes and rubbed his temples, still a bit shy about the whole thing.

"stopppp..."

sure, the blonde might of have been embarrassed by his awkward confession- but he definitely does not regret it.

link looked down at [y/n], catching her eyes.
she had been admiring the blonde 17 year old's  facial expression.
a cocky grin appeared on his lips as he leaned his head down, pressing a kiss to her nose.

"take a picture- it'll last longer."

[y/n] laughed, pushing his face away with her hand softly. she turned her head away to admire the quick passing trees.

"shut up. hey, you do know that leaving the train to run by itself is rather dangerous, right?.."

the [h/c]-haired girl looked back at her lover, waiting for a response.

link shrugged, his conductor's hat slightly tilting off of his head.

"i don't think so. we'll be fine. and if we do die, at least your face will be the last thing i see."

he pinched her cheek softly with his fingers, earning a swat to his hand from her.
she huffed, slightly pouting.

"you're soo funny. now shut up and kiss me again, but on the lips."

[y/n] reached for his shirt collar- tugging him down and closing the gap between them before he could respond. he was swift to reciprocate, placing his gloved hands onto her cheeks.

they both knew it was a sweet moment that [y/n] would probably bring up later, just as she had done with link's love declaration.

***
WORD COUNT: 552
[a/n: hey peoples, here's something fluffy to keep you happy while i prepare to slap you in the face with my upcoming angsty chapters;)
haha just kidding, i'll definitely have some wholesome oneshots for you all too.

ALSO CAN I JUST POINT OUT HOW CUTE LINK LOOKS IN HIS CONDUCTORS UNIFORM LIKE I-

but seriously now imagine him being older and wearing that thing i am dying—]