Chapter 21

Sports Festival: The Cavalry Battle

"The battle of getting better is never-ending."
- Antonio Brown -

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Electronic Speech
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading!" - Deity or Author Speech

~ Let's Get Back To The Story! ~

"In first place is Izuku Midoriya!" Midnight yelled into a mic as Izuku stopped in the middle of the stadium and waved to the cheering crowd.

A while after Izuku made it, the other students finished the course and only the first 42 students were allowed to move onto the next competition. With that said, all of Class 1-A and most of 1-B made it in beside the guy who was a text bubble, a human Sasquatch, and Neito Monoma, but what was more interesting was the three general department and two support department students.

But Midnight took the stage once more, "Hello, students! The next event will be the Cavalry battle! Where groups of three or four students form this *Shows Diagram with Teachers* but the person with the most points must be the 'rider' and carry the points with a headband."

"Speaking of points," Present Mic interrupted with a verbal segway as a scoreboard appeared on each Jumbotron. "The person in 42nd has 5 points, 41st has 10 points and so on, increasing by 5. But as a treat, Izuku in First will have 1,000,000 points!"

'Why does life hate me?' Izuku thought as everyone targeted their dark aura towards him, besides a select few students.

"With that said, you have 5 minutes to pair up!" Shouted Midnight with a sinister smile towards one unlucky protagonist.

Immediately, everyone separated to form their own groups as three OC's approached Izuku. With Tempi Ru jumping into Izuku's back as he rubbed her black frizzy hair, while Hansuke Hikaru walked up to him and fist bumped him but Kira Musubi walked towards him with her left arm rubbing her right forearm, clearly nervous.

"Hey, Izu-kun!" Tempi said excitedly, but Izuku grabbed her off his back before setting her down.

"Seems like our group is set, already." He said while stretching as his new team noticed the rest of Class 1-A sparing a glance at him. "Something wrong?"

"Your class is kind of ignoring you, is that normal?" Hansuke asked concerned as Izuku just shrugged.

"I mean if they defeat me they instantly win. So, they probably don't want to leave off on hard feelings." He said with a smile and his hands behind his head. "I love 'em! I'd never want to hurt them!" He said louder as quite a few of the females students relaxed like a weight was taken off their chest.

Without further ado, Midnight registered the teams and each of the teams stood at the edge of the ring. For the protagonist's team, Izuku was on top with a headband for 1,000,120 points, Hansuke up front with some of his support gear, Tempi on the right, and Kira on the left. 

"Start!" Midnight shouted as most of the teams started to charge towards Izuku's team.

"Hold on tight!" Izuku shouted before activating his Angel Physiology quirk. Then he summoned blades forming a wall between Izuku's team and the other teams, but now Izuku started to pant lightly.

"Awesome! Try and get us now! Tempi taunted as Angelica used her wings to hit her in the face. "Oh, right! Singing time!"

A/N: Play any song you like or the one I provided. 'Today Will Be The Day' by Jeff and Casey Williams