Chapter 8: Trial by Battle

After that eventful night, I woke up with Sumiko-chan still sleeping on top of me. So I slowly placed her back on the couch and went to start making my breakfast, but I was stopped by Yaoyorozu-san watching the news.

"Midoriya-san, I didn't think you'd try something with a girl when you just started high school." She said as she turned the tv onto another news network. "So what did you do last night?"

"You're literally watching the news, the answer is right in front of you. I'm going to take a shower, let's continue this later." I said before walking away.

Time Skip ~ 20 Minutes Later

When I got dressed in my uniform, I made a quick breakfast of Katsudon before going back to talk with Yaoyorozu-san. "Anything else you wanted to talk about?"

"Yeah, why did you go out and pretend to be a hero when the teachers probably told you that they were responsible for you?"

"Think about it, why should I wait a year or two to get my hero license when I could go save lives now? What would you do with your great power?"

"Fair point, but I'd use my power to protect innocent people. Also, why didn't you make some food for me?"

"I told you it was a one-time thing and you still owe me a favor. But if you want to protect people, why wait. After all, a hero's job is to protect others even if their life is on the line, but not many pros hold that kind of ideal." I said as I finished my breakfast. "Most heroes want to gain fame around the world or wealth above all others, but a hero by definition is a hero admired or idolized for their courage, achievements, or noble qualities. These days, heroes are just those that fight evil, protect the city, and use the quirk for what is deemed as the greater good."

At this, Yaoyorozu-san just stared at me in shock as Sumiko-chan woke up and I did the dishes. "How do you know so much about heroes? Not even the teachers would be able to talk about heroes this complex."

"Well, I lived around heroes my entire life, retired or not. But my family consisted of heroes around the world, many of them formed under one company that my grandmother leads. You may have heard of her, Captain Marvel." When I said that I definitely heard someone drop to the ground and was sounded like an unhinged jaw. "Something wrong?"

When I looked behind me, I saw a sleepy Kasumi, an Ashida-san on the floor, and Ochaco holding her jaw that seemed in pain. "Yeah, are you trying to brag Izu-kun or were you talking about ideology again?" Kasumi asked while rubbing her eye.

"Ideology, but maybe we can continue this conversation later. If you want to that is." I said before picking up Sumiko-chan bridal style and carrying her to her room.

Time Skip ~ About 2:00 pm

While everyone was waiting for our Hero Studies teacher, I was reading up on some articles about Omni. Most of the articles were like 'What's Their Quirk?' or 'Is Onmi A Hero Or Villain?', but most of this stuff just made wonder more about what I'm really doing. 

"I'm coming through the door..." Said a booming voice outside the class. "Like a normal person!" That booming voice was revealed to be All Might, to no one's surprise mind you.

Before everyone could start fanboying/fangirling over him he starting to talk, "Hello Young Students! Today we'll be doing a special exercise in field Beta, but first..." He halted as the wall opened to reveal 20 metal briefcases. "You'll get into your hero costumes, but as you suit up I need to talk with Young Midoriya."