Chapter 22

Sports Festival: Unrivaled Power

"When you have something that is perfect, that occupies a position and sector unrivaled by anyone else, that's one thing we do not want to tamper with." 
- John Paulson -

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Electronic Speech
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading!" - Deity Speech

~ After Some Funnel Cake ~

Some funnel cake and talking with other heroes later, Izuku left his new friends once he got pulled away from Sumiko. She brought him into a surprisingly empty hallway just to talk to him.

"Sumiko-chan~ Something wrong?" Izuku asked maintaining eye contact the entire time.

"I just wanted you to know, I will beat the best. And since you're the best here, I'll beat you no matter what." She declared before Izuku poked her forehead. "What was that for?"

"For making a promise you can't keep." He replied losing all emotion in his face, keeping a poker face.

"What do you mean?" She said returning the stern look.

"You can't beat me," Izuku said before kissing Sumiko for a few seconds before starting to walk away. "Not without using all of your power."

Since Sumiko never responded, Izuku continued to walk around the hall looking for the rest of his class but instead met Endeavor along the way. Although he was going to keep walking and look for Gwen, Endeavor grabbed his shoulder.

"Don't make me blow the rape whistle now," Izuku joked as Endeavor removed his hand. "What do you want, Endeavor?" 

"I want you to make my daughter use her quirk." He replied with that resting fierce face or is it bitch face?

"Sorry, I can't." Said Izuku as he went into his Devil form for a split second. "It's her choice, all I can do is ask nicely. So just sit back and enjoy the show, I certainly will."

With that short conversation, Izuku left another Todoroki at a loss for words but he just focused on finding his supposed partner. Eventually, he found them in the reserved seating for Class 1-A, for some reason that made complete sense yet he didn't look there first.

So he sat next to the left of Gwen with the walkway on Izuku's own left. Although he spotted his new friends in their classes reserved seating, all spread out due to their course. And before Izuku could mess with or talk to Gwen, Midnight took to the stage once again after Cementoss created a stage.

"Welcome back, everyone!" She shouted as the Jumbotron's turned to live footage of her. "The last event for the Sports Festival will be the tournament battles! But we have 16 students who are going to be moving on, first is Team Izuku, second is team Sumiko, third is Team Kasumi, and fourth is team Mashirao. Unfortunately, two people have withdrawn, so we'll bring in Ibara Shiozaki and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu."

After she said that the Jumbotrons displayed a tournament bracket and luckily, Izuku's match was first. "For the first match, we'll have Izuku Midoriya versus Hitoshi Shinsou." Announced Midnight as the two competitors made their way to the field while Aizawa and Present Mic had some commentary.

"Our competitor on the Northside is Hitoshi Shinsou, the ever-tired General Department student!" Shouted Present Mic as Hitoshi walked to the arena, but sighed at his title. "Then on the Southside is Izuku Midoriya, the gender-defying, and stupidly selfless Hero!"

So Izuku walked to the other side of the arena before retorting. "I took one bullet and get thrown into a wall! Could've been worse!" He shouted as some the crowd chuckled.